• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sports-Supplements Contain Steroids

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most Sports-Supplements Contain SteroidsThe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has documented that steroid use among high school athletes has more than doubled in the past two decades. This shows that sports-supplements industry is growing beyond control because teenagers can easily purchase these performance-enhancing supplements through local drugstores and online shops. Among the best sellers are weight loss supplements and workout enhancers.

David Epstein and George Dohrmann of Sports Illustrated have reported that a study revealed that 25 percent of the 58 sports supplements tested contained steroids or stimulants that had been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

From MercuryNews.com:

America should get its head out of the sand and face up to the growing use of steroids and questionable dietary supplements by adolescents.

In credible studies, 12 percent of boys and 8 percent of girls have reported using steroids or dietary supplements on a weekly basis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has documented that steroid use among high school athletes has more than doubled in the past two decades. And that may not include those who use them inadvertently with dietary supplements, some of which now appear to include them.

In today’s issue of Sports Illustrated, David Epstein and George Dohrmann report on a study that found 25 percent of the 58 sports supplements tested contained steroids or stimulants that had been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Of particular concern are weight-loss aids and workout boosters.

Supplements don’t have to be approved by the FDA.

Since FDA does not need to approve these types of supplements, President Barack Obama has talked about the need to revamp the FDA, and appealed that the agency should regulate the supplement industry.

Some supplement manufacturers offer beneficial products. However, some manufacturers deceive consumers by putting steroids components to the products, and then attack the American market with their enticing marketing pitches

http://www.isteroids.com/blog/most-sports-supplements-contain-steroids/

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck you FDA and DEA i hope their children get cancer & tumors

honestly you know how much good is going to come from their recent escapades?
zero just more confusion and misinformation

did they say that most likely the traces are in insignifcant amounts and apart from the potential to show up on the doping test you get no benefits?

What about Dat der celtech, god knows how much drugs they had to ram in the whey to make it achieve does crazy gains cutler says he makes

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"12 percent of boys and 8 percent of girls have reported using steroids or dietary supplements on a weekly basis."

OR? Thats kind of a big or there....

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya no doubt...they like to toss in the word steroids to make it look bad cause remember there the devil and will kill you just by looking at them

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In credible studies, have reported that a study revealed that 25 percent of the 58 sports supplements tested contained steroids or stimulants
Wow, when was this article written, 2002?? They are only just catching onto this now? Just not an issue as the companies involved were dealt with ages ago or succumbed to pressure from athletes who couldn't take their supps for fear of positive tests.
12 percent of boys and 8 percent of girls have reported using steroids or dietary supplements on a weekly basis.
Yes it is a very big "Or". Dietry supplements are not the same thing and to suggest that such a small proportion of the population are taking steroids because they take some protein or creatine is ludicrous. Let alone the fact that some kids would say whatever they feel like on a survey and that there would be a proportion that wouldn't know the difference between supplements and steroids.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck obama, the fda, fbi and every single cop out there :hello: