• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Just saw Terminator Salvation!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold is not in the film, just kickinger (may have spelled name wrong)

good film, and definite has an opening for one,two,three or etc movies heh
some of the acting is weird but i never heard of sam Worthington till this film came out.

P

Pain

VIP
Most hollywood movies these days end on a cliche of a cliff hanger. The Terminator franchise isn't going anywhere.

How was Bale in the movie? Did he show any other emotion apart from acting like he has sand in his vagina.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most hollywood movies these days end on a cliche of a cliff hanger. The Terminator franchise isn't going anywhere.

How was Bale in the movie? Did he show any other emotion apart from acting like he has sand in his vagina.

nah, usual bale, serious business..
well you'll have to see it, the end is pretty decent since it leads to a new movie definitely with what happens.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I heard it's so grounded in action that it ignores the larger concerns the older Terminator series set forth. A critic was heard to remark that at one point he forgot he was actually watching another film from the series but instead another tired, cliche actioner wrapped in a Terminator label. I could have seen it at midnight last night but passed for this very reason. McG is a terrible director.

P

Pain

VIP
Are there any flashbacks in this movie from when John was younger?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ nope, just of Marcus wrights character, and to Line, the year is 2018, world is destroyed machines everywhere, of course most of the movie is action, if it wasn't it would make sense.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sam Worthington is an Aussie actor. He's done some great stuff but I'm not sure how he'd go in an actioner.

@ Line: They were always going to try and make this into a blockbuster. They would have gotten James back to direct and write otherwise.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
can´t wait to see this one

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kanav

Kanav

it was allright

Weird and didn't fit coherently into the terminator time frame already set in place, but I credit that to T-3 for fucking it up big time in the first place.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not even a few shots of arnold :(. Anyway what a shame it sounds petty..

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
@ Line: They were always going to try and make this into a blockbuster. They would have gotten James back to direct and write otherwise.
Well, yes and no. James has been so busy with Avatar for such a long period of time that I worry about his mental state. Jokes aside, he wasn't coming back for this in the same way that McG wasn't hired to make a good movie. He was hired to unapologetically blow things up, to make "creative" imagery come alive so posters and trailers would look interesting and to subsequently put people into seats. Reviews and word of mouth are already terrible though and even the midnight crowd from when my editor saw the film didn't greet it very warmly. I can't stress enough how much of a hack McG is, for reasons beyond how tasteless and post-modernly confused his self-title is. He's really a poor man's Michael Bay, who, if anything, actually showed signs of improvement with Transformers. McG shows no improvement or willingness to do so in any of his films, because he's making too much money to bother with matters like authorian expression. So, in this sense, he did his job, but I can't see fans of the series (who appreciate its broader concerns beyond a) the action scenes, and b) Arnold) actually liking this film.

I really like this quote from our writer at Box Office and, although I tend to usually disagree with her reviews, I found this bit pretty summarizing of what McG does as a filmmaker. That is, forget the details.
And though we're curious how the very old, the very young and the very ignorant have survived the last fourteen years of machine-on-man genocide, there's no real sense that they have. People don't seem toughened; they seem transplanted into a devastated world.
The rest is here.

P

Pain

VIP
Just watched the trailer for the first time and it looks like your average summer block buster cashing in on an already successful franchise and turning it into what comes out your arse several hours after your food has digested.

All Bale needs to do now is a romcom.

spill.com review.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Friend watched it last night and said the ending was retarded....ruined the movie for him. Not really interested in seeing it myself to be honest

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, it was generic. But the action ? Tell me it was orgasm inducing, please. At least give me that.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't care what Line says, being that serious about movie critiquing is scary,. anyway, lets see if the next one is gonna lead off.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I don't care what Line says, being that serious about movie critiquing is scary...
You find my approach scary and I find your approach incredibly boring so I guess we're even.

P

Pain

VIP
You find my approach scary and I find your approach incredibly boring so I guess we're even.

15hfpuc-1.jpg

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just saw it. It was ok. Cool ideas and such but much more could have gone into the plot. There was no depth to the film.