• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulk BCAA powder

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious of to hear from those guys who make their own pre-workout or intra-workout drinks, where do you guys order your bulk bcaa powder from and what all are you guys putting in your shakes. So lets hear it whats the best deal/product for bcaa powder.

Typically I have some tang or gatorade maybe with a little dextrose and mix in creatine, taurine, and aminos.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Scivation Xtend + gatorade powder is a great workout drink.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what about bulk amino powders? I heard that xtend is good, but never tried it. The bulk powders interest me more since they are more economical

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what about bulk amino powders? I heard that xtend is good, but never tried it. The bulk powders interest me more since they are more economical

What do you mean?? Xtend is BCAA powder, not pills or anything.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw they had xtend on wheycheap.com today but I was too late. What I mean is just a plain powder that is BCAA powder, something like Bulk Nutrition where you get 1000 grams. This way its cheaper and you can make your own intra workout drink with amino's, glutamine, creatine, and dextrose and get more bang for your buck

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw they had xtend on wheycheap.com today but I was too late. What I mean is just a plain powder that is BCAA powder, something like Bulk Nutrition where you get 1000 grams. This way its cheaper and you can make your own intra workout drink with amino's, glutamine, creatine, and dextrose and get more bang for your buck

I still have no idea what you're trying to imply.

Xtend is over 1000g powder for $45.
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1668

Bulk Nutrition has their's for 5 dollars less, but it apparently tastes like ass.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
xtend is only 90 servings, thats where the difference is

Xtend is not over 1000g of BCAA, it has some other good stuff like glutmine but also has fillers in it.

What I understand is that bulk nutrition and other bulk companies BCAA powder is just pure BCAA powder so you wind up getting more servings because you dose it around 5-10g. At 5 g you would be getting 200 servings and 100 at 10g.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
xtend is only 90 servings, thats where the difference is

Xtend is not over 1000g of BCAA, it has some other good stuff like glutmine but also has fillers in it.

What I understand is that bulk nutrition and other bulk companies BCAA powder is just pure BCAA powder so you wind up getting more servings because you dose it around 5-10g. At 5 g you would be getting 200 servings and 100 at 10g.

stop nit picking.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stop nit picking.

nit picking? please explain how I'm nit picking, I start a thread about bulk bcaa's and you say over and over you dont get what I'm talking about there are just over 5g of BCAA's in each serving of xtend. 90 servings. If you buy it bulk and make it at 5 g your getting 110 servings more than xtend.

I really dont think 110 extra servings of any product is nitpicking things, thats a big difference. Sorry that I simply used the supplement section to ask if anyone had a good site for bulk bcaa's.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nit picking? please explain how I'm nit picking, I start a thread about bulk bcaa's and you say over and over you dont get what I'm talking about there are just over 5g of BCAA's in each serving of xtend. 90 servings. If you buy it bulk and make it at 5 g your getting 110 servings more than xtend.

I really dont think 110 extra servings of any product is nitpicking things, thats a big difference. Sorry that I simply used the supplement section to ask if anyone had a good site for bulk bcaa's.

If you know about bulk nutrition's than why are you asking for others? Plus you said you wanted to combine glutamine and other 'good stuff'..... I don't get this thread.

Edit: there are also 7g BCAA's per serving... not sure where you get just over 5. I further have no idea where you are getting over 110 servings.

7g/serving, times 90 servings = 630g BCAA's in it.

Assuming the BN's is 1000g BCAA, divide this by 7g/serving, gives us 143 servings... so it's just over 50. (not including the citruline malate, B6, other 'good stuff')

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
[/COLOR]
If you know about bulk nutrition's than why are you asking for others? Plus you said you wanted to combine glutamine and other 'good stuff'..... I don't get this thread.

Edit: there are also 7g BCAA's per serving... not sure where you get just over 5. I further have no idea where you are getting over 110 servings.

7g/serving, times 90 servings = 630g BCAA's in it.

Assuming the BN's is 1000g BCAA, divide this by 7g/serving, gives us 143 servings... so it's just over 50. (not including the citruline malate, B6, other 'good stuff')

ok your right I did not take the extra time to do all the math on the ingredients of xtend and did it wrong. I did it for 5g from each product. Still the thread was about making your own pre-workout or intra-workout shake. I said xtend has other "good stuff" in it, I never said I wanted to combine "good stuff" not sure where you got that from.

I dont know what got you so angry but over 50 EXTRA SERVINGS is a big deal to any bodybuilder and is typically why a lot of people use bulk powders. When I say bulk powders that does not also immediately mean bulknutrition, it means powders that are produced in bulk by companies who specialize in pure bulk powders.

My question was simply about making your own intra-workout or pre-workout shake and asking about other companies that have good bulk deals. Maybe you should refer to my initial post.

I have been a part of this board for a few years now and still can't understand why someone of your standing in this board would have a problem with me simply using the forum for what its for. You offered advice with xtend, I said simply from the beginning that I'm making my own via bulk powders........... so I dont understand you, your constant advice with xtend when I clearly stated I'm making my own, and your comment of "nit picking" on over 50 servings.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
[/COLOR]

ok your right I did not take the extra time to do all the math on the ingredients of xtend and did it wrong. I did it for 5g from each product. Still the thread was about making your own pre-workout or intra-workout shake. I said xtend has other "good stuff" in it, I never said I wanted to combine "good stuff" not sure where you got that from.

I dont know what got you so angry but over 50 EXTRA SERVINGS is a big deal to any bodybuilder and is typically why a lot of people use bulk powders. When I say bulk powders that does not also immediately mean bulknutrition, it means powders that are produced in bulk by companies who specialize in pure bulk powders.

My question was simply about making your own intra-workout or pre-workout shake and asking about other companies that have good bulk deals. Maybe you should refer to my initial post.

I have been a part of this board for a few years now and still can't understand why someone of your standing in this board would have a problem with me simply using the forum for what its for. You offered advice with xtend, I said simply from the beginning that I'm making my own via bulk powders........... so I dont understand you, your constant advice with xtend when I clearly stated I'm making my own, and your comment of "nit picking" on over 50 servings.

I;m not angry at all, and I have no problem with you what so ever, not sure where you got that impression. I just don't think it makes sense that you're looking for a source of bulk BCAA powder when you already know one?

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when you tell someone to stop nit-picking when they are simply pointing out a 50 serving difference, you came off like you were angry or aggrevated, especially when you put quotes around "good stuff" and falsely quoted me at that.

Either way I feel you should refer to the original post.

Do you know of a single supplement website? ok of course you do, so whats wrong with asking others for the ones they use or looking for better deals, its just in this case its bulk form instead of the traditional website. Does that make any sense to you?

Thats like saying why are you looking for a supplement website when you already know bodybuilding.com.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very doubtful you will get a better deal on pure BCAA powder than at bulknutrition.... (or any other powder, for that matter).

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you look at the price from BCAA does it gives you a bang for the bucks. So does it really makes a difference when taking it during your workout?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you look at the price from BCAA does it gives you a bang for the bucks. So does it really makes a difference when taking it during your workout?

works out to less than 50 cents a workout or so.... I'd advise it.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When using it soe you still need a post workout shake?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When using it soe you still need a post workout shake?

I would! depends on the goals.... for muscle building (or especially in athletes), some Xtend + a scoop of gatorade is great during exercise.