• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Questions About My Diet

D

DK2323

I am 25 years old, height is 6-3 and I weigh 185 lbs. I am looking to bulk up and gain more muscle mass and I am trying to get to around 200 lbs. Currently I have a basketball players body type. Long and lengthy, and its very hard to gain weight for me. But I would like someone to critique my diet and give me ideas for snack foods or foods to pair with my meals.
A typical diet for the day looks like this:

Wake up around 8am
1 Banana
1 nature valley peanut butter bar

Workout, followed by a shake of whey protein

Breakfast 10am
3 sunny side up eggs
3 turkey sausage links
small helping of hashbrowns
1 piece of cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter
also some sort of fruit

Lunch 12:30pm
Either salmon & rice/ steak & pineapple or chicken with a bag of frozen pasta vegetable mix

I work from 3pm-11pm

First break at 5:00pm
1 nature valley peanut butter bar (looking for other snacks for a 15 minute break)

Dinner 7:00 pm
Either salmon & rice or chicken with a bag of frozen pasta vegetable mix
Cup of blueberries and some other fruit
Cup of almonds

I have another break at 9:30, sometimes I eat a small snack, other times we get off early or I will be off soon after so I wait to eat when I get home.

Meal before bed
Triscuit crackers with hommus or some ego waffles
Sometimes another whey protein shake
Mainly I would like advice of when would be the next best time to squeeze another shake into my day. I would also like suggestions of other before bed meals.

So I would like to know what else I can do. I know I should be eating a good quantity of egg whites in the morning. My hardest part is pairing foods with the main part of my meals and eatting good snacks that aren't empty calories. So I would appreciate the help from all of you. Thanks in advance.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First thing I would say is work out these things:
1) Calories - total and individual meals and components
2) Macros - calorie makeup of protein, carbs and fats
3) Caloric needs - roughly how much you need (this was in a similar thread recently, do a search)
4) Do these things match?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bro why dont you do this:

Banana
Nature valley bar
protein shake

wait an hour then train

Upon coming home and PWO this is the best time for liquid calories.
Try like 60 g of dextrose and 40 g whey protein
( i can feel ironslave and flex rolling their eyes at me bc i am usually for more nutrients at this point and all about spinach juice PWO)

Breakfast
1 cup egg whites
3 turkey links is fine assuming the fat is at 10-15g
hash browns sound good also

Lunch is fine keep it the same

yr first snack why dont u opt for like a scoop of whey and some berries, add a scoop of peanut butter in with the whey protein.

Dinner again sounds good

If you have another snack have another protein shake w peanut butter

Before bed try to get some steak and since your trying to gain weight some more potatoes of some sort, like red potatoes are loaded with starch. i would let yourself have an hour before bed after you eat the meal j for the sake of not sleeping on a full stomach.

The protein shakes that are pre andpost workout can be two scoops The protein shakes that are sncacks opt out for single scoop shakes.

Just my opinions on things. Also if yr looking to bump protein you also might try buying dessicated liver tablets, universal sells a good dessicated liver tablet product, they are the ones i use loaded with amino acids vitamins and minerals. If u end up buying these have 4 with each meal and snacks.

God bless
Ben

First thing I would say is work out these things:
1) Calories - total and individual meals and components
2) Macros - calorie makeup of protein, carbs and fats
3) Caloric needs - roughly how much you need (this was in a similar thread recently, do a search)
4) Do these things match?

As always i agree with Tim. My initial response was basically what he suggests. I added calories some fats and some more proteins all of which are for growth.