• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5x5 training and Xrep

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi there i want to get into the 5x5 training because I've heard good reports from it and just want to see how well it goes and my body responds to it.

I've also heard of a exercise technique called x rep training, it goes like 8 reps all out heavy for the 1st set, then the next set almost go to failure for 8 reps then do fast motion (half reps) of 8, i used this one time on a triceps , chest and biceps workout when i was ast college when i had access to gym. I Was in there for a short ammount of time but had a very intensifying workout. The next day my triceps chest and were so sore, but i didn't keep it up because i finished college. I just want a solid but basic and exercise routine i can follow, for every 4 weeks i change my workout regime to give the body some stimulation.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
So wait. Was there a question there?

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah what would be a good solid workout plan I can follow, can somebody write one up for me , like monday chest , wedneday legs w/e.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You want us to lift the weights for you too?

Which exercises do you normally do, what do you neglect?
What imbalances do you have?
How many days a week do you have?
Are you after a split or a upper/lower or a push/pull/legs or fullbody or the couch workout?

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't neglect any exercises , other than machines I like using compound movements, I have access to gym or will do in a months time 7 days a week. I like to train upper body one day and lower the next. I don't mind training full body work outs tho. My imbalances are Legs and upper chest, Goal to improve all around physique but shoulders and upper chest along with legs needs alot of catching up to do. Tho i will go with Full body workout. Would that mean i'd only be able to work out once a weak tho? Since i've done some research and been told that split training is not as good as full body work training, and training a body part twice a week is overtraining for natural users?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'll back 5x5 as well. I've done it several times and had great strength and hypertrophy results. It has all the main compound exercises and as far as I'm concerned every lifter should start off with something like it.
squat 3x per week
deadlift 1x per week
bench 2x per week
row 2 x per week
mp or incline press 1x per week

You really don't need much else.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll back 5x5 as well. I've done it several times and had great strength and hypertrophy results. It has all the main compound exercises and as far as I'm concerned every lifter should start off with something like it.
squat 3x per week
deadlift 1x per week
bench 2x per week
row 2 x per week

Cheers man, bothe repped :p

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
squat 3x per week
deadlift 1x per week
bench 2x per week
row 2 x per week

Squat 3x per week? Is that hard on your knees?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Nah, its not too bad. They're not max squats and if you warm up properly your knees barely feel it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Only if you are doing them wrong or doing something else wrong (like no hammy work).

Weightlifters squat 6-7 days a week.