• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brandon Curry guest posing - 2009 NPC Oklahoma Championships

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Brandon Curry getting ready to go on-stage as the featured guest poser at the 2009 NPC Oklahoma bodybuilding championships May 30 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
doesnt look like he's gearing up for a contest anytime soon

8thWonder

8thWonder

wont be enough in a pro show

Joeb23

Joeb23

If this guy gets some legs, I think he could potentially win a Mr. Olympia or an Arnold Classic. He has one of the most complete and explosive upper bodies in the game right now. Brandon reminds so much of a young Ronnie in the fact that, Ron started out with really small legs and it took him all those years of heavy squats to get them to massive proportions. If Brandon put the time instead of relying on genetics alone, he could probably build a good set of legs. His shape and insertions are there. They are just way too underdeveloped. Judging from the Unleashed video, he doesn't really put much effort in when it come to legs.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
doesnt look like he's gearing up for a contest anytime soon

He's not doing the Europa Super Show in august anymore, his sponsors decided to take the whole year off, and will compete as a 1st show probably in the 2010 Ironman Pro, not sure yet.

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

he needs a hair cut

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've had big hopes for Brandon but unfortunately he does not look anything special anything special at all :(

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
If this guy gets some legs, I think he could potentially win a Mr. Olympia or an Arnold Classic. He has one of the most complete and explosive upper bodies in the game right now. Brandon reminds so much of a young Ronnie in the fact that, Ron started out with really small legs and it took him all those years of heavy squats to get them to massive proportions. If Brandon put the time instead of relying on genetics alone, he could probably build a good set of legs. His shape and insertions are there. They are just way too underdeveloped. Judging from the Unleashed video, he doesn't really put much effort in when it come to legs.

yeah but ronnie had a dexter jackson like conditioning with deeper insertions. this guy seems like hes gonna be like one of those great bodybuilder who needs to diet a ton to get super ripped and ends up flattening out to get ideal conditioning like victor and freeman

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he needs more legs to do real damage. that being said, his upper body is amazing.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
he needs more legs to do real damage. that being said, his upper body is amazing.

Agree with that, hope that he will bring them up in 1-2 years.

Joeb23

Joeb23

yeah but ronnie had a dexter jackson like conditioning with deeper insertions. this guy seems like hes gonna be like one of those great bodybuilder who needs to diet a ton to get super ripped and ends up flattening out to get ideal conditioning like victor and freeman

I agree with that mostly. I mean that is why Ronnie is Ronnie. Not only was he the biggest but he was usually the most conditioned. One thing where we differ is with Brandon's condition. I think with time and working with the right people, he will learn to come in with that pro quality look. Even if he does flatten out a bit like the before mentioned Victor, his shape and symmetry will carry him along fine, much like it did for Vic. I mean he turned pro off his shape and potential alone, so I feel like with his sponsorships and current situation. He is in the ideal spot to do nothing but fulfill that potential. Then again we have seen more people than him screw that up. I just wish him all the best.:thumbsup2:

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Brandon will be an awesome Pro, as he possess some great attributes. Remember how young he is and that he'll work on his weaknesses so don't count him out yet because you never know. I remember when I came onto the scene and people would make similar comments and look at what happened since I turned pro (usa's '05). Oh and the kid did do a photo shoot with Flex mag squatting 5 plates, so he's putting in the effort now.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^agree with you phil :thumbsup2:
Brandon is still young, he just needs more time !!!

thanks for pic's tkD :tiphat:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant see why a lot of you have said hes not going to do well, clearly he has the body to do it, but come on this guy has JUST BEGUN, why where you all expecting him to come with an olympia class physique.
his upper body is HUGE, especially the shoulders in his BDB

how much does he weigh?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He will do some damage in near future.
awesome words of wisdom Phil!

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil's going to have something to worry about. I just can't believe Brandon is taking an entire year off with no contests. I guess he really needs it. But one thing's for sure, we can expect great things from him.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't see why you guys are being so hard on him. His upper body is fantastic and his legs have been improving. Amazing shape as well.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
how much does he weigh?

At 5'8" (well some sites say 5'7.5") and offseason shape, my guess is 235-240. At the 2008 USA's where he won his pro card (overall winner) he was only 220 lbs! and as Phil said, he's young, only 26 years old.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Phil Heath has already expressed what I tought, Curry is a rookie, turned pro recently, and from the USA NPC his legs looks already better, just wait, he'll bring a great package on the stage.