• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ultimate Fighting Vs Boxing

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting atleast:thumbsup2:
UFC color commentator Joe Rogan defends the sport of MMA against boxing promoter Lou DiBella. With Quick interviews from "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell and Undeafeated Floyd Mayweather Jr

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
it's fun to watch boxing die-hards get their panties in a twist when the topic of MMA comes up.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To quote James Remar from the movie The Quest:
"You didn't just beat me with your fists, you beat me with your legs and your skill."

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
boxing>mma

No way.... boxing is pretty boring. The thing with UFC is that the fighters need to be constantly on edge.... anything can come at them any second, a punch, kick, takedown, whatever.

UFC gets dry when they're just laying on the ground in the guard... but its not nearly as bad as it used to be.

justrelaxin

justrelaxin

MMA owns boxing always...it's dying breed indeed. Mma is much more dynamic and entertaining than boxing.

Kanav

Kanav

No way.... boxing is pretty boring. The thing with UFC is that the fighters need to be constantly on edge.... anything can come at them any second, a punch, kick, takedown, whatever.

UFC gets dry when they're just laying on the ground in the guard... but its not nearly as bad as it used to be.

true

but I still prefer pride fc style rules. Sure they get mauled on the ground but do you reckon that anderson silva vs leites fight would have been as boring if it was with pride rules and anderson could use stomps and soccer kicks?

The ufc's ground rules favor BJJ too much

justrelaxin

justrelaxin

"UFC gets dry when they're just laying on the ground in the guard... but its not nearly as bad as it used to be"

But if the referee see the fighter are laying 'n' praying, he put them to stand up position. That's only if fighters don't try to improve their position on the ground or throw some punches or try to get submission

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But if the referee see the fighter are laying 'n' praying, he put them to stand up position. That's only if fighters don't try to improve their position on the ground or throw some punches or try to get submission

exactly, that's my point, it's a lot better than it used to be.

do you reckon that anderson silva vs leites fight would have been as boring if it was with pride rules and anderson could use stomps and soccer kicks?

Definitely correct. There's a trade off for sure. People can get some serious injuries like this, which nobody wants to see. I'm watching UFC 4 right now on veoh... and in the second fight, literally, one guy is on top of the other guy, he passed his guard and is laying on him from the side..... and he literally punched the other guy square in the nuts 4 times right in a row. I don't enjoy seeing this.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC owns, i've only seen some matches on TV, but its awesome.
I agree though, the guys in UFC would pretty much destroy any boxer give or take a some, i don't know bout Tyson though, he would bite one of their legs off.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just about any boxer would knock out a ufc fighter before they would even have a chance to take them to the ground.

plus boxing is more entertaining, there is more strategy involved, and the fights actually make it out of the first round

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just about any boxer would knock out a ufc fighter before they would even have a chance to take them to the ground.

plus boxing is more entertaining, there is more strategy involved, and the fights actually make it out of the first round

just about any mma fighter would take down a boxer before they would even have a chance to punch.
MMA is much more entertaining,anything is possible..you can kick ass 3 min and then you would lose by armbar.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I sincerely hope you're joking about this. Ever hear the old adage about the boxer vs. the wrestler, in that once a wrestler grabs a boxer, it's all over? Well, in this case it'd be boxer vs someone who can wrestle, box, kick, use submissions, and so on. There is no way a pure boxer would last in the UFC.

However, with that said, there is no way a mixed martial artist would be successful in a pure boxing match.

But, if you put 2 guys in a ring/cage... and just said "fight", the UFC fighter would win 10 times out of 10.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But to comment on the video... Joe Rogan did an excellent job in this. He came across as classy, educated, and open minded.

The other guy came across as bitter, ignorant, and arrogant.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Ultimate fighting! Boxing seems to boor me. The boxers seem to pace themselves due to it being 12 rounds. Whereas UFC, they go at it with everything they got; including kicks, knees, elbows, submissions etc.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
it's silly to compare boxers to mma fighters.

in a boxing match, the boxer would win.
in a mma fight, the martial artist would win.

it's kinda like comparing American football to rugby. they are similar, but very different.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would say ufc is much more fun to watch cuz you know it´s gonna be round 1-2 ko so it doesn´t bore you to death like 12 rounds of boxing, even i like boxing but it´s a fact that ufc is better and just more enjoyable