• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bench proper form and technique

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watching this video about proper technique was and eye opener for me. I read a lot of articles but i sure which there were more bodybuilding videos that just focus on proper technique and form for those mass building workouts like this one.

Thanks for the great site El Freako.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have to agree. It is a great little video. Saw it awhile back and tried a few things out. Definitely more solid on the bench using his tips (no extra weight though).

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MAybe you dont know how to fucking bench haha. Gotto love dave. Great vid! Already saw it a few days back

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The best part I took from this video was:

"You are not pulling the bench away from you, you are pushing yourself away from it"

I think that will literally help me a lot :D

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ he more said that you are not pushing the bar away from you, you push yourself into the bench... :D

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ he more said that you are not pushing the bar away from you, you push yourself into the bench... :D

By pushing yourself away from the bar, you are pushing yourself into the bench.

J

Jantsu1

Dave Tate's text and videos are allways pleasure to read and watch. No BS, just action.

madakira

madakira

I have been practicing this technique for a few weeks now. I went from 275 lbs to 335lbs in about two weeks. I am only 179lbs right now. This is a great vid, and it has helped me a lot. Now I practice my form with 225lbs-265lbs about 3 times a week just to get it right. I want to get to 355 in about two months.