• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Top 6 Mr Olympia 1994

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think kevin should've been 2nd, and shawn ray 3rd !!!

check it out guy's :thumbsup2:

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
It's a shame that guys like Levrone, Shawn and Flex haven't won at least one Mr O each.. :bitelip:

Shawn and Kevin looked great here.

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shawn looked awesome that year!!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dorian wouldn't even place top 5 today in the olympia in a fairly judged contest with that physique. whole lotta meh.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ None of them would.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm not sure that is a good thing.

Dillet at the best I've seen him. Levrone and Ray looked better than Yates. Shaun especially good.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^I agree. I like these physiques alot more than what we see now, with the exception of a few (Heath being one of them).

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the year shawn should have won:(

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
It baffles me when people say yates shouldnt have won this Olympia. minus the bicep, he clearly is the best man onstage. His conditioning isn't "his" best but it certainly is good enough to win the contest. The only pose he losses on is the FDB apart from that he won every other pose and the show.

I strongly agree that levrone should have come second instead of ray.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Look at Dorian's proportions compared to Shaun and Kevin. They had the small waist line and well proportioned muscles. Dorian was just big, including the start of the protruding belly that has become acceptable in modern BBing.

Not taking anything away from Yates (or Coleman for that matter) but the judges rewarded his physique because it was bigger but punished it in other athletes on stage to reward the likes of Levrone and Ray. Bit of a double standard if you ask me.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ None of them would.

besides levrone, i agree. dillet would certainly challenge for it. you gotta remeber jay is a 2 time mr o and was 2nd last year, so anything is possible. though the scenario i was speaking of was a completely fairly judged contest.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^^ Look at Dorian's proportions compared to Shaun and Kevin. They had the small waist line and well proportioned muscles. Dorian was just big, including the start of the protruding belly that has become acceptable in modern BBing.

Not taking anything away from Yates (or Coleman for that matter) but the judges rewarded his physique because it was bigger but punished it in other athletes on stage to reward the likes of Levrone and Ray. Bit of a double standard if you ask me.

I understand what your saying Tim, but Dorian's not the only man onstage with a protruding belly. Look at dillett. Dorian was one of the most proportional bodybuilders. Both Ray and levrone have short legs and a longer trunk which makes their backs look weak. Dorian has longer legs, and a smaller trunk- this makes him look more proportionate.

Dorians only weakness was his biceps, I mean they were good but they wasn't good enough to be in proportion with the rest of him. Thats only a minor weakness if you ask me. He didn't have a weak back or was narrow, levrone and ray both had this problem, which i consider a major.

You could say the same for Coleman. Coleman had monstrous major body parts (chest, back, legs) And only had 1/2 minor problems (calves and maybe triceps). Whereas Jay who was 2nd a number of times and people said he should have won, well he had a major flaw and that was his back.

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

come on lance levrone and ray had a weak back?i know you're from england but don't be so biased toward dorian .he didn't look that good.big yes but not so aesthetic

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
come on lance levrone and ray had a weak back?

Compared to Dorian, yes they did.

i know you're from england but don't be so biased toward dorian

I'm not being biased one bit! I'm just pointing out that he deserved to win.

he didn't look that good.big yes but not so aesthetic

Yes not as aesthetic as Levrone or Ray but a lot bigger. I mean, c'mon which one do you choose, someone who's aesthetic but not as big, or someone who is a lot bigger than everyone else but not as aestheic as some?

Dylan Detrick

Dylan Detrick

Yes not as aesthetic as Levrone or Ray but a lot bigger. I mean, c'mon which one do you choose, someone who's aesthetic but not as big, or someone who is a lot bigger than everyone else but not as aestheic as some?

You choose the guy who's the most complete with the best overall physique, including aesthetics.

Attachments

• 1994-mr-olympia-36.jpg
    1994-mr-olympia-36.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 1994-mr-olympia-35.jpg
    1994-mr-olympia-35.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Shawn Ray 1994 Mr. Olympia !!!!.jpg
    Shawn Ray 1994 Mr. Olympia !!!!.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 134
Dylan Detrick

Dylan Detrick

Sorry Dorian.:)

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 392
C

Comin_Up

Damn, it should have been shawn first, kevin second, dillet third, cromier fourth, cortell fifth, and dorian sixth. Ive never been a dorian fan. I think the person with the best looking body should win not whoever is the biggest. I wish it would go back to like it was then. Bodybuilders were so much better then than now.