• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How come Jay Cutler did not compete at the 2002 Mr. Olympia?

Joeb23

Joeb23

I forgot why and tried to do some research to no avail. I remember something about he needed time off because he just moved to Las Vegas. I do not believe that at all. You come off a career changing highly disputed 2nd place finish at the Mr. O and you take a year off...:umwtf: Yeah right. Logic tells us he should have taken the whole year off and just did the O, giving him the best odds at winning.:doh: Maybe someone knows the real reason why?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he knew it was the smarter move financially to win the Arnold Classics (which he did in 02-03), while also taking time away from contest dieting in order to improve and make a run at Ronnie at the 2003 Olympia..... (the first aspect worked out in his favor, the second didn't exactly go so well :) )

Edit: just a guess on my part.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wasnt be disqualified for taking a banned direutic? or perhaps that was 2001?

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He saw how huge Coleman was and new there was no way he was winning it without adding some mass.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
He just took one year off to prepare for the ASC, like IS said, that would be my guess too.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I dont recall were I heard it, but he said he didn't feel he had enought time for the 2002 Olympia because of the move to Vegas, so he prepered for the shows early 03 instead

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
It was exactly what IS said!

No it was 01 Olympia.

Fair enough, I just thought they threatened to take a title from him. Must have been the controversy in 2001, explains it!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he talked about it in New, Improved, and Beyond. He said he needed time off to make improvements or something.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff