• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Australian Man Caught Importing Steroids - 150 Vials

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Melbourne Airport Haul: 150 Vials of Steroids [Photos]

May 26, 2009

ABC news is reporting that a 43 year old Australian man was caught at Melbourne airport carrying almost 150 vials of steroids, and is expected to be charged with importing prohibited goods. After arriving on a flight from Hong Kong, he was stopped by Customs officials and found to be carrying steroids scattered around his person; in his pockets, around his belt and also in his luggage. The maximum penalty for importing steroids into Australia is five years in jail.

The official media release from Australian Customs is below:

“Customs and Border Protection has stopped a large quantity of illegal performance and image enhancing drugs entering Australia.

A 43-year-old Australian man was stopped by Customs and Border Protection officers when he arrived in Melbourne on a flight from Hong Kong on Sunday 24 May.

During initial questioning officers asked the man to empty his pockets. The man allegedly removed four large plastic bags containing vials from his pockets.

An examination of the man’s luggage revealed further vials and documentation relating to testosterone. Further examination revealed the man was wearing a belt consisting of numerous pouches containing vials and tablets.

In total 143 vials and tablet containers were found in the man’s possession. The contents have been identified as performance and image enhancing drugs.

Customs and Border Protection Investigators responded to the detection and the man is expected to be charged via summons.

Customs and Border Protection National Manager Investigations, Richard Janeczko, said there has been an increase in such smuggling attempts detected by Customs and Border Protection at the Australian border.

“The agency continues to protect the Australian community from prohibited imports including steroids.

“We are seeing more sophisticated methods being used to import performance and image enhancing drugs.

“This detection sends a warning to those seeking to smuggle such goods that we have the skills and capability to detect and investigate these matters and prosecute those responsible,” Mr Janeczko said.

The maximum penalty for importing prohibited goods of this type is five years imprisonment and/or $110,000.”

Reports say that these steroids are:
Cytex 250 and Dexxa 250 by Thaiger Pharma
Sustan-250 and Primo-100 by Global Anabolics
Depo-Test 250 by Unigen Life Sciences
Oxandrolone by LA Pharma.

Last edited by a moderator:
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol was that you d? :49:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
The agency continues to protect the Australian community from prohibited imports including steroids.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"... Further examination revealed the man was wearing a belt consisting of numerous pouches containing vials and tablets."

Nice try... LOL.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn dridderz, they caught your boy:49:

how are you going to get your juice right now ?? :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I feel safer...... considering that this is the most stupid way to import drugs into Australia.

We have over 40,000km of coastline, there is no way border patrol can cover all that.
We have 7,617,930 SQ KM of land and only 20 million people living in it. You'd think you could land a plane somewhere secluded.

Lets keep kidding ourselves that we are safer in Australia.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol that was pretty stupid Tim

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I feel safer...... considering that this is the most stupid way to import drugs into Australia.

We have over 40,000km of coastline, there is no way border patrol can cover all that.
We have 7,617,930 SQ KM of land and only 20 million people living in it. You'd think you could land a plane somewhere secluded.

oh but you are dridz..reason being is that everyone is everyone's matey :)

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

its called radar.......................

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a shitload of roids... how much could he have made for them?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its called radar.......................

:bowroflarms:

You seriously have no concept of just how few populated centres there are in Australia and how big a land mass we are.

The radar coverage will always be limited by a number of things, not least of which is how much area there is to cover.

Plus the number of small airports that just don't have customs. One of the findings of our terrorism preparedness census (yes we had one after 9/11 :omgwtf:) was that a well organised terrorist could get into Australia and into main populated areas without ever passing through customs.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for posting this Drid.

B

bigbenmarch

what rubbish. hundreds of thousands of people die every year from alcohol and smoking. compared the the handfull worldwide from steroids (and then them people were abusing them).

but more to the point, where am i going to get mine from now?? haha

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The agency continues to protect the Australian community from prohibited imports including steroids.

Thank God for the agency keeping us safe!!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank God for the agency keeping us safe!!!

This bust sounds more like luck and publicity than anything.

They spend a lot of time doing real quarantine and proper seizures. Safe to say that they do a good job but this is all about publictiy and politics.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^ i for one feel safer now... people who have tattoos scare me :(