• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Canada Rules!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Mmmm I like the link to another forum...

By STEVE BRUCE Court Reporter
Wed. May 27 - 3:40 PM

A Halifax bodybuilder caught trying to bring more than 26,000 pills into the country has been fined $1,000.

Max Monzter, 34, of Prestwick Close pleaded guilty Wednesday in Dartmouth provincial court to a Customs Act charge of failing to report imported goods.

Customs officers at Halifax Stanfield International Airport checked Mr. Monzter's luggage on the night of Feb. 4, when he arrived home on a flight from the United States after spending two months in his native Turkey.

Officers found 11 types of regulated pills in Mr. Monzter's belongings, including six kinds of anabolic steroids. There was also medication designed to treat thyroid problems, breast cancer, erectile dysfunction and leg cramps and pills that promote fat loss.

The pills were packed in bottles labelled for health supplements or inside a wooden backgammon set.

Mr. Monzter told investigators that he had purchased the drugs in Turkey for $2,000.

“He advised that he had obtained the pills for his own personal use, and the Crown has no evidence to the contrary,” federal prosecutor Suhanya Edwards told the court.

The Crown agreed to recommend the $1,000 fine because Mr. Monzter entered a guilty plea at the first opportunity, co-operated with the authorities and has no criminal record.

Judge Bill MacDonald pointed out that it isn't against the law in Canada to possess steroids but it is illegal to bring them into the country.

In return for the guilty plea, the Crown withdrew a charge of smuggling prohibited goods.

In an email sent to this newspaper Wednesday night, Mr. Monzter said he had major surgery a week before returning to Canada and had prescriptions for most of the medications, including all of the steroids.

Mr. Monzter's website says he is “a civil engineer and research scientist by profession and an exemplary bodybuilder by skill and love for the sport, (and) has achieved tremendous success in many facets of his life.”

Growing up in Istanbul, he was a natural athlete involved in a number of sports, including wrestling, kung fu, soccer, basketball and sprinting, the website says. He began weightlifting in his teens before switching over to bodybuilding.

“Over the years, Max’s passion for sculpting his body outweighed his passion for weightlifting,” the website says.

Mr. Monzter won the title of Mr. Turkey as a junior bodybuilder and placed ninth and 15th at the world junior championships.

After becoming a Canadian citizen, Mr. Monzter was named Mr. New Brunswick in 2005, when he won the heavyweight and overall titles at that province's bodybuilding championships.

He finished fourth in the heavyweight division at the 2007 Canadian championships and fifth at the 2008 nationals.

Joeb23

Joeb23

Mmmm I like the link to another forum...

Sorry...:footmouth: I meant to have copied the link location of the article. I should have just posted it like you did.:doh:

Thanks Big Dic!:icon_ninja:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
yes....what a wonderful place it must be.

where adults who wish to use drugs can be arrested, searched, prosecuted, and fined for using illegal substances. :bitelip:

call me crazy, but I'd much rather live in a free country where you are legally able to use drugs without fear of persecution. (I let you know when I find that country)

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont get it tech, it said in canada its not illegal to possess steroids but only to get them into the country, your first sentence is sarcasim no?

thats a rule i can get behind. using roids is legal but they should at least allow loop holes at least not enough so that ignorant people or young people cannot get them

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
i dont get it tech, it said in canada its not illegal to possess steroids but only to get them into the country, your first sentence is sarcasim no?

thats a rule i can get behind. using roids is legal but they should at least allow loop holes at least not enough so that ignorant people or young people cannot get them
yes, that is sarcasm.

btw...

In Canada, anabolic steroids and their derivatives are part of the Controlled drugs and substances act and are Schedule IV substances, meaning that it is illegal to obtain or sell them without a prescription; however, possession is not punishable, a consequence reserved for schedule I, II or III substances. Those guilty of buying or selling anabolic steroids in Canada can be imprisoned for up to 18 months. Import and export also carry similar penalties.

when it comes to drugs, Canada is just as bad as the United States. (for the most part)

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes but at least if they catch you using them only, you can give them the finger, can you do that in america?
even in sweden, they dont give a shit if your using them, its still illegal afaik but they couldnt care less. it happened to Martin Kjellstrom and some others, they didnt get anything for their stash. they only go for sellers

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
yes but at least if they catch you using them only, you can give them the finger, can you do that in america?
even in sweden, they dont give a shit if your using them, its still illegal afaik but they couldnt care less. it happened to Martin Kjellstrom and some others, they didnt get anything for their stash. they only go for sellers
yes, depending on the drug and/or drug amount, in America you can be punished by a fine.

thats not the point. no matter how lenient certain drug laws are, it doesn't negate the fact that being punished for using drugs is archaic and unfair.

Imagine if you had to pay a $1000 fine every time the police caught you buying a pack cigarettes or case a beer. You'd probably think alot differently.