• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Masturbation/sexual activity & Testosterone levels

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Masturbation/sexual activity & Testosterone levels

Im sure many have asked this question at the gym or on a forum

what % would be the decrease
how long before test levels back to normal
does the test levels rebound higher after or is there a peak and then drops back to normal

montanamuscle

montanamuscle

it spikes...thats what i think. then drops off to a normal level within an hour or to but i don't think it would mess with your workout...???

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I often jerk-off before working out and I still hit PRs.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
this thread fails without pics

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a rule...No cock burping after I have my pre-workout meal. Never fails me.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
questions like this kind of irritate me for a couple reasons,

1. the increase, and the duration of the increase would be so miniscule that it would have literally no freaking effect on muscle atrophy. take a, oh i don't know, 5mg shot of test suspension and tell me the gains you get. that would be kind of (sort of) similar to what you're going for here. i'll spare you the trouble and tell you what to expect from this, absolutely nothing.

2. i just mentally lol at naturals, or guys that perceive themselves as natural (prohormones= not natural) when they try to manipulate test levels in such a futile way. if you're going to try to manipulate hormones so it will be advantageous to muscle growth......do it the way that will actually make a difference. i think everyone here knows what i mean. stop beating around the bush and trying to manipulate hormone levels and still claim to be natural. as far as i'm concerned, if you're trying to manipulate hormones to the point that it causes hypertrophy in and of itself, you're not natural.

sorry, this is just a rant at nattys who naysay against users, and then turn and try to do pretty much exactly the same thing but far more inefficiently in a futile effort not only in muscular development but to keep their sense of self superiority when compared to users. if you're natural and so desperately want that tag attached to your name, don't fuck with hormones. period.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No sense of self superiority in your post either :bitelip:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
questions like this kind of irritate me for a couple reasons,

1. the increase, and the duration of the increase would be so miniscule that it would have literally no freaking effect on muscle atrophy. take a, oh i don't know, 5mg shot of test suspension and tell me the gains you get. that would be kind of (sort of) similar to what you're going for here. i'll spare you the trouble and tell you what to expect from this, absolutely nothing.

2. i just mentally lol at naturals, or guys that perceive themselves as natural (prohormones= not natural) when they try to manipulate test levels in such a futile way. if you're going to try to manipulate hormones so it will be advantageous to muscle growth......do it the way that will actually make a difference. i think everyone here knows what i mean. stop beating around the bush and trying to manipulate hormone levels and still claim to be natural. as far as i'm concerned, if you're trying to manipulate hormones to the point that it causes hypertrophy in and of itself, you're not natural.

sorry, this is just a rant at nattys who naysay against users, and then turn and try to do pretty much exactly the same thing but far more inefficiently in a futile effort not only in muscular development but to keep their sense of self superiority when compared to users. if you're natural and so desperately want that tag attached to your name, don't fuck with hormones. period.

I hope your rant & post wasn't directed towards me but for the question of the thread name,
Reason to why i create these types of threads is to generate a discussion to help keep the forum active

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope your rant & post wasn't directed towards me but for the question of the thread name,
Reason to why i create these types of threads is to generate a discussion to help keep the forum active

no not at all dryden and i mean that. it really was just me thinking out loud on how i feel about the hormone manipulation thing and what is and isn't natural.

tim........ you fail. sorry. no there isn't any in my previous post. it's how i feel in terms of what constitutes a "natural". you're implying i find myself superior because of bodybuilding decisions i make? lol.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it is a myth that masturbation can effect testosterone levels... i have read it many time in many different places
or effect it to the point where it will make a difference

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Shut up and train (masturbate)!

lulz

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm growing at good pace and I'm banging a hot chick 4-5 times a week.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone seen the show sports science on TV?

On one of their shows they tested something very similar to this. They had a boxer train normally as the control group. Then the next day he had sex I believe was a hour before his workout and he was able to punch more and harder during his workout. They also took his blood and the T levels were higher. It works the same for females too.

Here are the links to the episode... it is in two parts.

Sex before the fight - bad idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm growing at good pace and I'm banging a hot chick 4-5 times a week.

Notice how he had to reassure it's a hot chick. This means she is average at best, and the sex could be better.

xD

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Notice how he had to reassure it's a hot chick. This means she is average at best, and the sex could be better.

xD

Dr. Zigurd, breaking into the minds of mecca members since 2007

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You will be fine, DriDDerZ

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.

Exton MS, Kruger TH, Bursch N, Haake P, Knapp W, Schedlowski M, Hartmann U.

Institut fur Medizinische Psychologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany.
This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males.

Last edited by a moderator: