• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Full body and low volume

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Iv'e been reading alot about split routines recently especially the sticky thread in this section! (btw good evidence in there). And I have learnt alot I didn't no they wasn't the most productive way to train and that FB routines were. Although I think you can still grow on them and progress (as i have), i think for someone like me who has been doing splits since they started weight training I think it would be a very good change and to see how I would progress.

Seen as though I'm a low volume advocate I would want to opt for a low volume approach so, is a FB low volume workout (Arthur Jones) just as productive as say the FB that Reg Park used to follow?

The only evidence Ive seen of the Athur Jones is the Colorado experiment with Casey Viator. But I don't no if it's very valid seen as though casey had lost alot of muscle, didnt train so maybe it was just a shock to his body.

The physique of Reg Park...

FOTO29-1.jpg

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why are you a low volume advocate if I may ask?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Why are you a low volume advocate if I may ask?

It's just something that makes sense to me and Iv'e been doing it for about 1 and a half-2 years with good results so I havent even thought about going to volume training.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is it that makes sense?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
What is it that makes sense?

Hitting the specified body part hard with 1-2 sets rather than the volume approach, you know sending the muscle a signal rather than multiple ones that may make you overtrained. Whenever I did volume i felt like i was pacing myself through the workouts, not putting in 100% because I'd have like 4 more sets/ With low volume I can train as hard as hell.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Hitting the specified body part hard with 1-2 sets rather than the volume approach, you know sending the muscle a signal rather than multiple ones that may make you overtrained. Whenever I did volume i felt like i was pacing myself through the workouts, not putting in 100% because I'd have like 4 more sets/ With low volume I can train as hard as hell.

word.

same opinion here.

I'm gonna give my experience..

Although I only trained FB in my 1st year of training ( not serious ) that was like 4 years ago.. the results weren't very good.. but that may be due to the fact that I wasn't pushing as I am now.

I've tried hitting the same bodypart twice per week, but dropped it cause I would only do 2-3 exercises for chest one day and the same number another day of the same week for example making it 5-6 exercises at the end of the week. I always leaved the gym thinking I had more to give.. you know.. something was still there. In my way of thinking I prefer one day, concentrate on one or two body parts ( i like 2) give all I got, intense training and leave the gym with the feeling that I did it all, and the grow stimulus was hit 100%. Instead of leaving the gym thinking I need more, and feeling a grow stimulus of only 50%..

slipt routines. all the way.

if FB body routines were better didn't you think some sucessfull pro wasn't already doing it?

I may add that a change of workout intensity and volume is totally benefic.

just drop the intensity and add volume one or two months and your body will respond with new gains to it. then go back to high intensity and break new records!

:thumbsup2:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
word.

same opinion here.

Although I only trained FB in my 1st year of training ( not serious ) that was like 4 years ago.. the results weren't very good.. but that may be due to the fact that I wasn't pushing as I am now.

I've tried hitting the same bodypart twice per week, but dropped it cause I would only do 2-3 exercises for chest one day and the same number another day of the same week for example making it 5-6 exercises at the end of the week. I always leaved the gym thinking I had more to give.. you know.. something was still there. In my way of thinking I prefer one day, concentrate on one or two body parts ( i like 2) give all I got, intense training and leave the gym with the feeling that I did it all, and the grow stimulus was hit 100%. Instead of leaving the gym thinking I need more, and feeling a grow stimulus of only 50%..

if FB body routines were better didn't you think some sucessfull pro wasn't already doing it?

just drop the intensity and add volume one or two months and your body will respond with new gains to it. then go back to high intensity and break new records!

Yeh Ive thought too about why don't pro's do it if it is the best way to train, but they are using steroids which aids them and therefore they can do split routines and reap great rewards and maybe if they tried FB they would get better rewards, who knows?

FB routines work very well in increasing the natural levels of GH and test in your body because of the compound exercises in the workout. Frequency is a major factor for hypertrothy so seen as though i'm training my muscles once out of 7 days, i'm not really gettin as much as i might if i trained the muscles 2-3 times per week. I'm going to think hard about this though, I have been actually lol. If I do the FB 3 days per week, i'll record it in my log and let everone know how it goes.

Thanks for your input buddy :xyxthumbs:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
yeah I guess.. only trying it you'll know.. and i'm curious to see how it goes so go ahead with it. lol if you get good results I might try it too..lol

if it was better for nattys it would be better for pros using steroids ( not all pros use steroids, example Turk !! he is a pro!! men.. at 21 a pro.. ok back to topic..)
steroids gives you the ability to train more to recover better so it would actually aid training a body part 2-3 times a week. getting most of it than nattys cause they're recovering faster and pushing harder.

when you're a natty theres a thin line between stimulating to grow and overtraining ( that's why I love HIT ) recovery it's crucial...although I may add that there are studies that prove that your muscles a ready to another workout 48 h later..mine aren't but that's just me, maybe you get trough it .

I could say more but it was just my prevous statement over and over.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't even know where to start with all of this.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I don't even know where to start with all of this.

you got to start somewhere... the will to post in this topic is too great to be ignored.

you know it tim.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
yeah I guess.. only trying it you'll know.. and i'm curious to see how it goes so go ahead with it. lol if you get good results I might try it too..lol

if it was better for nattys it would be better for pros using steroids ( not all pros use steroids, example Turk !! he is a pro!! men.. at 21 a pro.. ok back to topic..)
steroids gives you the ability to train more to recover better so it would actually aid training a body part 2-3 times a week. getting most of it than nattys cause they're recovering faster and pushing harder.

when you're a natty theres a thin line between stimulating to grow and overtraining ( that's why I love HIT ) recovery it's crucial...although I may add that there are studies that prove that your muscles a ready to another workout 48 h later..mine aren't but that's just me, maybe you get trough it .

I could say more but it was just my prevous statement over and over.

Yeh i know, i dont know why the pro's arnt using the routine becase if it's better for natty's then it must be a better way to train for steroid users. I dont know, maybe there not educated on this part and they think "hey, everyones doing this so i guess i will" (split training).

Shit my head hurts...:omgwtf:

EDIT: Don't forget what a pro does in a typical split session, lets say chest day. he'll do maybe 4-5 exercises. well fb routine would have you doing that a week but over 3 days not one day. In a fb routine theres only 1 exercise for each muscle!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think a fb routine would be a great change for you. As far as volume goes, I would keep the rep range moderate 6-12 and the sets no more than 5-6 per day for your larger muscle groups (chest, back, quads etc). Of course this is a very general recomendation and I am assuming that you would be hitting each muscle 3 times per week. Your overall volume at the end of the week is going to be most important. Just give your muscle groups at least 48 hours rest between sessions.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
word.

same opinion here.

You dont want to leave the gym not being able to walk or not being able to lift your arms. Extreme muscle failure and extreme DOMS is certainly not a pre-requisite for growth. Train to stimulate not anihilate. Why bash a muscle group to shit when your last 3-4 sets are so fatigued you cant move any weight? I would suggest to split it up so that you hit a few sets fresh and then come back later in the week and hit it fresh again. Your still getting the same volume per week but you can actually perform quality sets with decent weight and good form.

The body was meant to work as a whole. The major assymetries and imbalances come from crazy split routines. Work the body as a whole and it will develp greatly and more so, with great symmetry and proportion.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
You dont want to leave the gym not being able to walk or not being able to lift your arms. Extreme muscle failure and extreme DOMS is certainly not a pre-requisite for growth. Train to stimulate not anihilate. Why bash a muscle group to shit when your last 3-4 sets are so fatigued you cant move any weight? I would suggest to split it up so that you hit a few sets fresh and then come back later in the week and hit it fresh again. Your still getting the same volume per week but you can actually perform quality sets with decent weight and good form.

The body was meant to work as a whole. The major assymetries and imbalances come from crazy split routines. Work the body as a whole and it will develp greatly and more so, with great symmetry and proportion.

I agree with what you say, but I don't leave the gym with excrutiating pain or terrible Doms I leave the gym with the feeling of job done I feel that I'm growing.

What happened when I trained the same bodypart twice was that each day felt that I didn't do what it takes to force the muscle to grow cause it wasn't feeling right.. felt like I had gas for a long distance, and I stopped to refill half way.

hey that's just me.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
I think a fb routine would be a great change for you. As far as volume goes, I would keep the rep range moderate 6-12 and the sets no more than 5-6 per day for your larger muscle groups (chest, back, quads etc). Of course this is a very general recomendation and I am assuming that you would be hitting each muscle 3 times per week. Your overall volume at the end of the week is going to be most important. Just give your muscle groups at least 48 hours rest between sessions.

Thanks mate,

Yeh I'd be hitting each muscle 3 times per week. (M, W, F)

Have you had any experience with FB, UP/LB after having done splits and if so how did you find it?

cereal

cereal

Is it generally ok to split FB workout in two parts, legs AM and ub PM?

I've been doing this thing (3x/week, 2x/day) for few weeks and its been ok for me.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^ Then you're on longer doing a fb
program, you're doing upper/lower.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it generally ok to split FB workout in two parts, legs AM and ub PM?

I've been doing this thing (3x/week, 2x/day) for few weeks and its been ok for me.

It's quite a good option, but is at its best when you do the major work (say a squat) in the morning session and then do accessories later (say Good Mornings or box squats).