• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Omega-3s from Fish Reduce Risk of Vision Loss

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tufts researchers have further advanced the case for omega-3 fatty acids as a weapon against age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of vision loss among older Americans. According to newly published research, a diet high in omega-3s-found in fatty fish such as salmon-can reduce the progression of AMD by about 25%. Scientists at Tufts' HNRCA Laboratory for Nutrition and Vision Research analyzed data on 2,924 participants in the Age-Related Eye Disease (AREDS) study, which concluded that antioxidant vitamins could reduce the risk of AMD. That study didn't directly involve omega-3s, but did collect information on participants' diets. So the Tufts team compared dietary consumption of foods high in omega-3s with the progression of AMD. Those in the highest one-fourth of intake of DHA (more than 64mg a day), one of two key omega-3s found in fish, were at 27% lower risk of AMD progression than those with the lowest DHA in their diets. The group consuming the most of the second key omega-3, EPA (more than 42.3mg a day), were at 26% reduced risk.-British Journal of Ophthalmology

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
interesting read !!!

omega-3 fatty acids got alot of benefits, i think everyone should consume it in their diet !!!

thanks for sharing Creator :tiphat:

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Omega-3 fatty acids may help protect your eyes from macular degeneration and dry eye syndrome- also they may help with proper drainage of intraocular fluid from the eye, decreasing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma as well.