• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie's surgery?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, check this article wrote by Lee Priest:

Ronnie Set to Return at the 2009 Mr. Olympia
The eight-time Mr. Olympia says he is coming back this September to try for title number nine.

All I know is that if I were Ronnie and I had been reading all this shit about how I was past my prime, my physique was ruined, and I would never look
great again, I would have so much fire to prove all the haters and the doubters wrong.

Instead of everybody being negative towards Ronnie and his decision to
continue competing, why not give the guy some credit? With everything
that’s happened to him over the last three years, just about anybody else would have thrown in the towel and started looking into golf or
sport fishing. Never count this man out. We can’t see the future so we really can only speculate as to how he will look.I did hear he had surgery to repair the damage that was causing the atrophied left lat. I say we should all wish him the best and hope to see the ‘old’ Ronnie again on
contest day. If Ronnie does nail it, he can beat any one of these guys
out there right now at their best. People seem to have short memories
and forget how dominant he was at the Mr. Olympia for years.

SOURCE: Muscular Development, July 2009.

1- Surgery? When? How?
2- Lee always tells what he thinks. Is him really expecting a record 9th Olympia win from Ronnie?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
hum....

I don't know..

you see.. it's not just the lat anymore...

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read a few doctors articles about Ronnie's injuries and that nerve could have caused his arm and leg atrophy also, well to some point. Hopefully its at least some what true. I would love to see Ronnie come in at least 90%.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read a few doctors articles about Ronnie's injuries and that nerve could have caused his arm and leg atrophy also, well to some point. Hopefully its at least some what true. I would love to see Ronnie come in at least 90%.

And what about % of recovering? If nerves caused these injuries, could him heal them up? That's the big IF.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Hey guys, check this article wrote by Lee Priest:

Ronnie Set to Return at the 2009 Mr. Olympia
The eight-time Mr. Olympia says he is coming back this September to try for title number nine.

All I know is that if I were Ronnie and I had been reading all this shit about how I was past my prime, my physique was ruined, and I would never look
great again, I would have so much fire to prove all the haters and the doubters wrong.

Instead of everybody being negative towards Ronnie and his decision to
continue competing, why not give the guy some credit? With everything
that’s happened to him over the last three years, just about anybody else would have thrown in the towel and started looking into golf or
sport fishing. Never count this man out. We can’t see the future so we really can only speculate as to how he will look.I did hear he had surgery to repair the damage that was causing the atrophied left lat. I say we should all wish him the best and hope to see the ‘old’ Ronnie again on
contest day. If Ronnie does nail it, he can beat any one of these guys
out there right now at their best. People seem to have short memories
and forget how dominant he was at the Mr. Olympia for years.

SOURCE: Muscular Development, July 2009.

1- Surgery? When? How?
2- Lee always tells what he thinks. Is him really expecting a record 9th Olympia win from Ronnie?
I'm huge Ronnie fan, as many here, and the reason why we've expressed the desire to don't see him competing again, is cause everybody saw his recent "guestposing", where he was clearly out of shape, and his injuries and asymmetries were clearly visible.Now considering his age, the kind of damage his body has suffered, it's just realistic to believe he cannot make to the Olympia stage in decent form.Now hearing he has undergo surgery, creates inside me the hope that he could recover partially, for sure, but coming to the stage at 90% of what he was at peak condition :talkhand: ....

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if kevin levrone can put on 20 pounds of muscle in just one month after not training for 4 years then ronnie should be able to get back into decent shape in a few months.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ron is a warrior and always will, im just looking foward to seeing him on stage again.

BTW i edited your thread mvsf1, was rather confusing.

R

Ruhlforever

COMMON RULES for a human DO NOT apply for Ronnie, Ronnie can do it if he wants

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heavily skeptical. after seeing his last guestposing photos i would like ronnie to stay retired. EVERYTHING is lacking now except his biceps and right tricep and maybe chest. we all know he's a warrior but he has SELF ADMITTED that he's not training very hard right now and is just having fun. that's all good and well but there must be a lot more effort on his part to even have a chance.

i'd like ronnie to retire the legend he already is.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
heavily skeptical. after seeing his last guestposing photos i would like ronnie to stay retired. EVERYTHING is lacking now except his biceps and right tricep and maybe chest. we all know he's a warrior but he has SELF ADMITTED that he's not training very hard right now and is just having fun. that's all good and well but there must be a lot more effort on his part to even have a chance.

i'd like ronnie to retire the legend he already is.

Agreed. Stay retired like Haney and Yates did.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
a nerver can screw up more than an arm or a lat.... his leg is noticably different aswell. i had a nerve problem in my neck that cause a slew of problems in my shoulders, back, and leg. hopefully ronnie can get back into it .. i would be happy seeing him the same way he looked in 07 but atleast in better conditioning ( i think this is farely realistic)

i think he should stop being lazy and go back to metroflex if he really wants to compete again, and get his waste in check like he did in 05.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm not a hater or a doubter. I'm a realist.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Surgery didn't work.

In fact, my question was a little bit different:

COULD surgery repair, in some cases, nerve damage?

Of couse you can't heal a nerve that is broken (as of today), but I don't know what the hell you can do with Ronnie's nerve injury. That's what I asked ;)

We would agree he better stay retired if he plans to compete looking like how he looks right now.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In fact, my question was a little bit different:

COULD surgery repair, in some cases, nerve damage?

Of couse you can't heal a nerve that is broken (as of today), but I don't know what the hell you can do with Ronnie's nerve injury. That's what I asked ;)

We would agree he better stay retired if he plans to compete looking like how he looks right now.

It was believed to be a pinched nerve. Not a broken connection but just a blocked one. You unblock the connection and then it could possibly help out with everything. Hopefully it at least works a little so he can live his life without that problem.

R

Ruhlforever

Someone in bb.ru said that Alexander Fedorov lost incredible amount of weight getting the 190 pounds in order to recover since he did not stop training since the surgery which was really really bad, he should REST to heal one of the medical registered surgery in Russia. His surgey was even posted in medical data and published medical information. Since he is doing that way he will probably return completely healed, that is what maybe Ronnie can do or will do.