• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NPC Texas Chairman Arrested

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NPC Texas Chairman Lee Thompson Arrested in Possession of Large Quantities of Anabolic Steroids
by Millard Baker

NPC Texas Chairman Lee Thompson was found in possession of “large quantities of different types of anabolic steroids” when he was arrested on May 25, 2009 according to federal prosecutors. Fort Bend County Sheriff Deputies arrested Thompson after a federal grand jury indicted him on steroid conspiracy charges for his alleged involvement with the “Falkenhagen” group.

Chris Downey, the attorney for Lee Thompson, dismissed the government’s characterization of the “large quantities” of steroids in his client’s possession as inappropriate. Downey argued that the quantity of steroids found was “consistent with personal use” IF all the steroids that were expired and therefore unsuitable for use were EXCLUDED.

The Government has alleged that the defendant was in possession of “large quantities” of anabolic steroids at the time of his arrest. While defendant has not yet completed the process of discovery in this matter, defendant has a good faith reason to believe that a review of the substances to which the government refers would reveal that some of the items were not suitable for use as they had expired. Furthermore, the quantity remaining would constitute an amount consistent with personal use and is not properly characterized as “large quantities”.

The new details in the Lee Thompson case were made public when Downey requested permission for his client to travel outside the United States. Thompson and his fiancee had made extensive plans for their wedding on the Carribbean island of St. Lucia on July 4, 2009. However, as a condition of Thompson’s release on a $50,000 unsecured bond, Thompson had to surrender his passport and was prohibited from traveling outside the United States.

Prior to Mr. Thompson’s arrest, he became engaged and had made extensive arrangements to be married on July 4, 2009 on the Carribbean island of St. Lucia. His planned itinerary calls for airline travel from Houston on June 30, 2009 and returning from St. Lucia on July 7, 2009. Prior to his arrest, Mr. Thompson expended more than $15,000.00 in preparation for this event.

Mr. Thompson owns his residence in Sugarland, Texas and has been a resident of Texas for eighteen (18) years. He is gainfully employed as an environmental consultant for the Pepsi Company and is the owner of several local businesses. Mr. Thompson is also the father of five children who also reside in Sugarland. He expects his first grandchild to be born in Sugarland on July 18, 2009 and had previously planned the dates of his wedding to allow for his presence at the birth of his granddaughter. Defendant respectfully submits he does not pose a flight risk to the Court.

United States Attorney Tim Johnson and Assistant United States Attorney Martha Minnis remain unconvinced and are adamantly opposed Lee Thompson’s request to get married in St. Lucia. Fedeal prosecutors believe he is a significant flight risk while pending trial on a charge of “conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.”

When the defendant was arrested May 25, 2009, he had large quantities of different types of anabolic steroids in his possession. Clearly, he had not discontinued his use of illegal drugs between the “end” of the charged conspiracy period and his recent arrest. He is not a good risk for travel outside the United States while pending trial in this matter.

The good news for Lee Thompson and his fiancee is that U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes saw it reasonable to allow the temporary return of his passport so that they can get married in St. Lucia on the Fourth of July.

U.S. Attorney Johnson and company will hope to have better luck when trying to keeping some of Thompson’s co-defendants in jail pending trial by convincing the judge that buying and selling steroids represents a “danger to the community.”

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2...ion-of-large-quantities-of-anabolic-steroids/

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If this is him in the middle, then I don't think the roids were for "personal use".

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, he's in trouble.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The government is upset that they are losing the "war" on drugs. They want to public to think that they are making the streets safer by geting rid of steroids.... yea coz my children are in danger of being raped and/or killed by steroid users...

Its sad that they are having so much trouble with the real drugs like Meth and Heroine that they want to look busy by busting people in the bodybuilding business for steroids.... Thats like busting Willie Nelson for weed.. Its obvious and pointless to go after.

They should do something about white collar prescription drug addiction and the doctors who perscribe Oxycontin and other perscription drugs with little to no reason for the perscription BEFORE they go after BodyBuilders for steroids. If they did do that then maybe we would still have Michael Jackson with us.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

What the fuck is this shit?Law enforcers got nothing better to do than focus their efforts into damaging this sport, this is really a shame.They should make steroids legal, they are not this world's plague.Majority of people in clubs abuse alchool and cocaine and God knows what else and they keep busting people connected to the BBing community.FUCK THE POLICE

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
The government is upset that they are losing the "war" on drugs. They want to public to think that they are making the streets safer by geting rid of steroids.... yea coz my children are in danger of being raped and/or killed by steroid users...

Its sad that they are having so much trouble with the real drugs like Meth and Heroine that they want to look busy by busting people in the bodybuilding business for steroids.... Thats like busting Willie Nelson for weed.. Its obvious and pointless to go after.

They should do something about white collar prescription drug addiction and the doctors who perscribe Oxycontin and other perscription drugs with little to no reason for the perscription BEFORE they go after BodyBuilders for steroids. If they did do that then maybe we would still have Michael Jackson with us.
or........maybe the government shouldn't persecute any adult who chooses to use drugs.

you can't have it both ways. why should steroids be legal and other drugs not? any drug can be used in a safe manner.

Michael Jackson died because he was a junkie who made poor decisions. You can't blame the doctors for what happens to people who decide to abuse drugs. Adults know right from wrong.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
or........maybe the government shouldn't persecute any adult who chooses to use drugs.

you can't have it both ways. why should steroids be legal and other drugs not? any drug can be used in a safe manner.

Michael Jackson died because he was a junkie who made poor decisions. You can't blame the doctors for what happens to people who decide to abuse drugs. Adults know right from wrong.

I didnt say Steroids should be legal (i do think they should be) I just said that the Government is spending so many recources on a fairly harmless drug. Steroids dont affect your motor skills and generally speaking the people who take them arent looking for a high and dont get addicted.

Obviously Jackson was a junkie but Im saying the doctors who prescribed the drugs shouldnt be perscribing them in the first place if the person doesnt need it. And i dont think every drug can be used in a safe manner... how is it possible for Meth or Acid to be completely safe if taken the propper measurements to be safe.

Im pretty sure that most Prescription drugs that get you high are more dangerous, more addictive and more demanded by youth than steroids. Drugs that affect your motor skills can cause u to hurt people around you and they can blow out your mind at times, i doubt steroids would do the same

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

What the hell are you talking about man, any drug can be safe?Cocaine, heroine, metamphetamine and all that shit are poisons that destroy the people's brain and life.Same thing for pain killers and psycho drugs abuse.
How many people died cause of the drugs citated by me?And how many people died from steroids usage?You know the answer.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
What the hell are you talking about man, any drug can be safe?Cocaine, heroine, metamphetamine and all that shit are poisons that destroy the people's brain and life.

hrwxup-1.jpg

2vttn5h-1.jpg

2zywy9k-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

proves my point about white collar prescription drug addiction. just because they were prescribed doesnt mean they are safe or usefull at all

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
proves my point about white collar prescription drug addiction. just because they were prescribed doesnt mean they are safe or usefull at all
says who, you?

and besides, why do drugs need to be useful?

is beer useful?
are cigarettes useful?
are BigMacs useful?

sometimes people just want to use drugs. can they destroy lives? sure. why can't an adult destroy their life if they want to as long as they don't affect others in doing so?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
says who, you?

and besides, why do drugs need to be useful?

is beer useful?
are cigarettes useful?
are BigMacs useful?

sometimes people just want to use drugs. can they destroy lives? sure. why can't an adult destroy their life if they want to as long as they don't affect others in doing so?

word