• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best times for Cardio while cutting

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BEFORE you say anything yes i have read the creators post in the other thread
http://www.musclemecca.com/showpost.php?p=591194&postcount=2

right now i`m cutting and i prefer to do cardio twice a day whether training or not...
currently i do

On my OFF days
Wake and on empty stomach go to the gym and do soem light cardio ~30mins @ 65% of max Heart R (MHR)

then later on in the day i will do more light cardio circa 45mins @ 65% MHR

on my ON days
training then i would take a quick break.. have a protein shake + carbs.. then i would do light cardio 30 min @ etc...

then around 3-4hrs later i would go and do the 45mins @ 65% etc...

i have seen decent progress.. nothing too fast...

what do you think?

what about carbs?
same old thign? > moderate to light carbs
i`m still trying to figure out how much it and fats should be

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
personally I did.........

AM slow cardio with a protein shake

or every once in a while I would do PWO slow cardio and then have my PWO shake afterwards or mid-way through

And on my Off Days....HIIT on the Elliptical 2 min. slow and 30 sec. fast with the resistance maxed out or closed to maxed out

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
on ur ON days, i would do cardio immediately after hitting the weights, and then have the carbs and protein. if u refill with glycogen right after the weight training, ull be tapping into stored glycogen instead of ur fat deposits when u do the cardio. instead do the cardio immediately after weights, when ur glycogen stores are already tapped into from weight training, and then refill with carbs and protein.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
on ur ON days, i would do cardio immediately after hitting the weights, and then have the carbs and protein. if u refill with glycogen right after the weight training, ull be tapping into stored glycogen instead of ur fat deposits when u do the cardio. instead do the cardio immediately after weights, when ur glycogen stores are already tapped into from weight training, and then refill with carbs and protein.

But its way more catabolic this way. Cardio in itself is already catabolic, after weight training your body needs to repair itself if you dont do that and start with cardio right away your may be getting to far in the catabolic state which is something we dont want because we love our hard earned muscle. The same goes for morning cardio in an empty stomag. When waking up your body is in the most catabolic state of the day. Doing cardio right aways only makes it worse. So if you muscle are important to your at least get something to eat if you only want to lose fat no matter what than its a good aproach.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so for morning do you think it would be a good idea if i
did the slow cardio AND sip a protein shake while doing it?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
personally I did.........

AM slow cardio with a protein shake

or every once in a while I would do PWO slow cardio and then have my PWO shake afterwards or mid-way through

that's it.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But its way more catabolic this way. Cardio in itself is already catabolic, after weight training your body needs to repair itself if you dont do that and start with cardio right away your may be getting to far in the catabolic state which is something we dont want because we love our hard earned muscle. The same goes for morning cardio in an empty stomag. When waking up your body is in the most catabolic state of the day. Doing cardio right aways only makes it worse. So if you muscle are important to your at least get something to eat if you only want to lose fat no matter what than its a good aproach.

i honestly dont agree that ur gonna loose much muscle by doing cardio right after weights. i dont think the natural athlete is gonna notice any difference from doing it right after weights. i only did cardio right after weights my whole last diet, and the end result was pretty good i think for my first time. its true that cardio is catabolic, but if u wanna shed the fat, that should be priority number one, and i think u have to be an high level athlete in order to notice any muscle loss from doing cardio for 30-45 minutes after weights, instead of taking in carbs and protein. i think alot of the problem with this sport is that we often get hung up in little details that dont really matter that much, and the catabolic effects of alittle cardio i think is one of those details. i hear guys in my gym say they avoid walking and generally moving around in order to spare muscle, i mean cmon.

offc, too much cardio(marathon jogging for 4 hours) is not a good thing for size, but for the natural athlete to do alittle fast walking on the mill after weights, i just dont think he will reap anything but benefits, in the form of a healthier heart, and less fat. and if he looses 00000000,1% more muscle from it than if he took in carbs and protein then so be it, but he will burn more fat and thats just as important.