• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NFL QB Steve McNair murdered

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has died.

McNair, 36, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. A female victim was also found dead.

"I don't have any answers for you now as to what's happened, who's responsible," Aaron said.

Aaron said police have tentatively identified the woman but did not release her name.

"There are persons who were around the complex today, visitors, who have been taken to headquarters for questioning, just to see what they know, what they may have seen," Aaron said. "No one is in custody right now."

The condominium where the bodies were found is one that McNair was known to frequent, but police spokeswoman Kristin Mumford could not say whether he was the owner. The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave in Nashville.

Detectives from the police department's centralized homicide unit were on the scene.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

"We don't know the details, but it is a terrible tragedy and our hearts go out to the families involved," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Adams Jr. said in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

About 50 people crowded just beyond police tape outside the complex in the upscale Rutledge Hill neighborhood, some wearing Titans hats. The condominium is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, just a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans' stadium.

McNair began his career in 1995 with the Houston Oilers, who eventually became the Titans, and finished with 31,304 yards passing and 174 touchdowns. McNair played with pain for several years, and the injuries ultimately forced him to retire.

The highlight of his playing time might have been a five-game stretch at the end of the 2002 season when he was so banged up he couldn't practice. McNair started all five games and won them all, leading the Titans to an 11-5 finish and a berth in the AFC championship game for the second time in four seasons.

McNair played all 16 games in 2006, his first season in Baltimore, and guided the Ravens to a 13-3 record. But he injured his groin during the season opener last season and never regained the form that enabled him to earn a berth in four Pro Bowls.

"I am deeply saddened to learn of today's tragic news regarding the death of Steve McNair. He was a player who I admired a great deal," said New England Patriots senior football adviser Floyd Reese, who was GM of the Titans when McNair played there. "He was a tremendous leader and an absolute warrior. He felt like it was his responsibility to lead by working hard every day, no matter what.

"I don't think there was a player who played with him or against him that didn't look up to him and respect him," Reese said. "My heartfelt condolences go out to his family, his friends and the many teammates who loved and admired him."

Titans coach Jeff Fisher was out of the country, taking part in the first NFL-USO coaches tour to Iraq.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was watching the dodger game when they flashed it on the ticker at the bottom of the screen, that shit is crazy!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shit happens lol

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn, I hope they catch who ever did that.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i really wish black men who play in the NBA and NFL would wisen the hell up and realise what they've been given and the responsibility that comes with it. the "posses" and people these guys associate with are lower than low. this is very very sad and i hope steve's family handles it as best they can.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i really wish black men who play in the NBA and NFL would wisen the hell up and realise what they've been given and the responsibility that comes with it. the "posses" and people these guys associate with are lower than low. this is very very sad and i hope steve's family handles it as best they can.

While you are often correct, that's a pretty blanket statement to make dude. We don't know the details of the case yet, could have been somebody recognized him, mugged him, and next thing you know he's dead. The article said he could have been an owner of it, and owners of bars do frequently visit their clubs.

You might be right, but it's best to hold comment until the facts are known.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
While you are often correct, that's a pretty blanket statement to make dude. We don't know the details of the case yet, could have been somebody recognized him, mugged him, and next thing you know he's dead. The article said he could have been an owner of it, and owners of bars do frequently visit their clubs.

You might be right, but it's best to hold comment until the facts are known.

this is true. i am being presumptious. but can you blame me? either way it's very sad news for a man about to enjoy his best years of life.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
*pours some out for my homie*

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like McNair's girlfriend did it, then killed herself.... the plot thickens