Just curious.... does anybody know what the revenues of boxing are compared to the UFC?? I know the De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao did massive buyrates, and De La Hoya vs. Mayweather did even better..... but, I can't see what's left in boxing?
I honestly can't tell you without googling who is the Heavyweight Champion in boxing is, this notion would have seemed nuts a few short years ago (Since Lennox Lewis). Maybe Tech or someone else who follows pro fighting more than the casual level will shed light on all od this.
This will be a great fight, Mayweather does run his mouth a lot but there is no doubting his fighting skills and boxing is in desperate need of his talent and charisma.
I do see Mayweather winning this fight, and I hope that if victory is obtained by Mayweather that he then takes on the Pac Man, that would be a HUGE fight, would so love to see that fight.
1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao, Dec. 6, 1,250,000
2. UFC: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture, Nov. 15, 1,010,000
3. Wrestling: WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paul “Big Show” Wight, March 30, 670,000
4. UFC: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch/Lesnar vs. Heath Herring, Aug. 9, 625,000
5. UFC: Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Feb. 2, 600,000
6. UFC: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin, July 5, 540,000
7. UFC: St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, April 19, 530,000
8. Boxing: Felix Trinidad vs. Roy Jones Jr., Jan. 19, 500,000
9. UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans, Sept. 6, 480,000
10. UFC: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk/Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida, May 24, 475,000