• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

diet and nutrition???

M

murray.gill

i recently lost over 20 kg in a short peroid of time, 5.5 months to be exact.. my diet consisted of all bran flakes for breakfast and lunch and a small supper. ( totally the wrong diet i know ) but i was desperate to loose weight..

i weighed 117 and i went down to 89.. i lost all the muscle i had and developed a lot of loose skin. i am now eating properly but i am picking up weight.. is it muscle or fat??

im eating very clean. eg: oats in the morning, almonds and apple for snack, tuna and rice for lunch and supper... can anyone help or give me advice please.. i want to be ripped.. i dont know if my body is storing or what now.. ?? any ideas...

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bulk up, then cut, bulk up, then cut...

repeat this for long enough and ull reach ur goal. the more muscle u build the more fat u burn. make sure ur diet is somewhat clean while bulking up, and focus on a program that makes sure u keep gaining strenght. train for strenght and eat for size.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
What program are you using?

M

murray.gill

im not using any programme.. got a diet from my personal trainer and jus tweeked it a bit for myself...

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I meant training program.

M

murray.gill

oh sorry.. haha.. um my programme consists of :
Monday

chest and arms with about 40mins of cardio(walking on incline)

Tuesday
cardio (spinning)

Wednesday
Cardio

Thursday
Shoulders and back or legs with cardio(Walking on incline)

Friday
Cardio and either shoulders or legs depends which one i do on thursday.

Wat u think..

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I always recommend full body, upper/lower or push/pull splits to beginners these days, and I wish someone had done the same for me. IMO they're the best for solid muscle hands down.

Rippetoe's Starting Strength or Bill Starr's 5x5 are 2 great programs that are readily available on the internet.

You need to be doing (in rough order of importance): squats, deads, a pressing movement and pullups/rows. Then you can worry about shoulders, then arms.

2quantify

What do you mean by a clean diet?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^^ No bad fats. I.e saturated fats.

All kcals coming from good healthy sources

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Protein and vegetable for all your meals. eat the same amount of cals you were eating when u weighed 89kg and chnage the cals from carbs and what ever else your eating now to this.

Melons in the morning 1/4 of a water melon or 1/2 a cantelope

lunch = dark green leafy veggies w shredded carrots and sweet potatoes and tomatoes and cuecumbers and some : pick one (chicken tuna, or turkey 6 oz of what ever you choose)

Dinner is the same as lunch. When it gets close to bed opt out for the melons again. I dont care what people say about fructose when it is metabolized it becomes glucose and is used as such.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff