• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Alcohol and Training?

M

murray.gill

can anyone tell me if alcohol affects your muscle growth ??

if i work out hard during the week and go out on a friday night with friends drinking does my work in the gym have any use?? or does alcohol mess everything up..

Snow White

Snow White

Banned
It's not very good for the muscle recovery...

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I don't think a night out a week is going to set you back to far. Constant boozing however will probably inhibit muscle growth. I think Philo once mentioned a study on this subject to me. Why not give google a whirl and see if you can find it yourself.

Snow White

Snow White

Banned
Even one time a weak is enough, but of course it depends of the quantity that he drinks.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alcohol isn't the greatest thing ever invented but it comes close.

Not terrific for a PWO drink. And going on a bender all weekend probably not the best thing to do.

But it all depends on what your goals are. If this is a hobby, then drinking is fine. If you want to be a competitive athlete then keep it to a minimum.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i wouldnt worry to much about it. just dont drink to the point where u wake up in a ditch without ur wallet and ur cell phone:49:

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i wouldnt worry to much about it. just dont drink to the point where u wake up in a ditch without ur wallet and ur cell phone:49:

I havent tried this one, I might try it soon :2:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
pGhi in this thread! :turborun:

Alcohol isn't the greatest thing ever invented but it comes close.

Not terrific for a PWO drink. And going on a bender all weekend probably not the best thing to do.

But it all depends on what your goals are. If this is a hobby, then drinking is fine. If you want to be a competitive athlete then keep it to a minimum.

Agreed. For me, one night per week,1-2 beers are enough, and sometimes a glass of red wine after dinner, especially on the day when i train legs, for some reason i feel like I need some red wine lol!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed. For me, one night per week,1-2 beers are enough, and sometimes a glass of red whine after dinner, especially on the day when i train legs, for some reason i feel like I need some red whine lol!

i try to limit myself like that, but everytime i go out i end up having more like 10 beers, its hard to stop when ure in the mood:49: but then again, i dont go out drinking every week. more like once every two weeks.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
i try to limit myself like that, but everytime i go out i end up having more like 10 beers, its hard to stop when ure in the mood:49: but then again, i dont go out drinking every week. more like once every two weeks.

Yea those "exceptions" happens here too, from time to time :D

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry guys but got to admit that I am absolutist nowadays! (2 weeks and 3 days!!) I am focusing to grow, not to get wasted every weekend or more like everyday....:icon_ninja:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I Drink a beer almost everyday , just one beer preferably 12 oz can or bottle.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

HAHAHA Thanks man :rofl3:

EDIT: It was a hedge not a ditch :keke:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HAHAHA Thanks man :rofl3:

EDIT: It was a hedge not a ditch :keke:

LMFAO:49: that actually happened to you? oh man, that had to suck. ive been drunk enough for that to happend, but ive been lucky and somehow gotten back home. i was just thinking worst case scenario here:49:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
LMFAO:49: that actually happened to you? oh man, that had to suck. ive been drunk enough for that to happend, but ive been lucky and somehow gotten back home. i was just thinking worst case scenario here:49:

hahaha yeah, was such a bad night!!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
pGhi in this thread! :turborun:

, and sometimes a glass of red wine after dinner, especially on the day when i train legs, for some reason i feel like I need some red wine lol!

NOW denie that you are TKDomenico!

domenico-1.jpg

I knew it!!:rofl3:

M

murray.gill

hahahaha.. ok cool.. yeah anyone that has a night that rough i garuntee wont even get to the gym the next day.. hahahaha