• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

10 things that worked for you.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Let me start.

1 - Oatmeal, Lots of it! best way of gaining mass.

2- Replace my pre-workout shake by a solid meal, chicken or tuna.

3- go to the 12-15 reps in machines/ isolation exercises

4- Do Hams before Quads. This really put some size on my quads.

5- cut the standing DB curls, Cable crossovers, Lunges(despite being a good exercise for legs.. never worked for me).

6- stop training rear delts and traps.

7- Front raises with a plate all the way up.

8- Rack pulls

9- Doing Bent Rows on a step. (and really bent over position.)

10- ?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1 - 10) Learnt how to squat properly. None of this pussy style squats were the bar barely moves and your knees battle to get a bend in them. I mean the type were you're squatting down like an asian guy taking a dump in a "long drop toilet".

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
1. Powerlifting training, in particular WSB and Smolov. I'm the biggest and strongest I've ever been.

2. ATG squats and heavy low rep deads. Accept no substitute.

3. 8 meals a day. People will be asking what you're on in no time.

4. Pullups. I attribute my back width to these.

5. Shoulder prehab and lots of rear delt work. I have significantly less shoulder pain now.

6. Less isolation training, more training the movement. You don't get big from flyes and leg extensions, you get big from benches and squats. The more you can lift the bigger you get. Its not bloody rocket science.

7. The less equipment the better. Don't use your belt unless you're maxing and don't use straps unless you're grip has totally given out. And when you do have to use equipment learn to use it properly. Brace against your belt, don't use it to brace you.

8. Most bodybuilding supplements are shit. Save your money.

9. Heavy ab work. Doing 300 crunches isn't going to help you achieve anything.

10. Stop looking for shortcuts. Hard graft, determination, consistency and knowledge gets you the best results. I trained hard and smart to get where I am and I'm a lot bigger and stronger half the steroid users I've met. Steroids have there place but are useless as tits on a bull if you don't know how to train properly.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1 - 10) Learnt how to squat properly. None of this pussy style squats were the bar barely moves and your knees battle to get a bend in them. I mean the type were you're squatting down like an asian guy taking a dump in a "long drop toilet".

HELL YEAH!!! ATG BABY!!!!:headbang:

Bhana

Bhana

1) Pull ups over lat pull downs

2) A2G Squats

3) Making sure my Pre WO meal isnt a Pizza or fish and
chips

4) Training each muscle twice a week! That has helped alot

5) Less is usually more for arms

6) The wonders of a thorough warm up

7) The importance of core work for ab development

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'd like to add an 11th: no matter how much you think you know you, don't know shit. This game is a constant learning curve if you want to achieve your goals.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ye natzo, u shouldnt stop training rear delts and traps.

i guess u can get away with not doing shrugs, but rear delt work is a prerequisite for healthy shoulders imo.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Rear delt work is a must if you bench.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I put on more size/strength in my traps through smolov... than I ever did doing shrugs and shit..... although I still do shrugs.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This works for me so it doenst have to work for you.

1. Low Reps works better for me.

2. chocolat milk worlds best sports drink

3. Overload is what you should aim for.

4. Strength over hypertrophy training.

5. Compounds over machines

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
ye natzo, u shouldnt stop training rear delts and traps.

i guess u can get away with not doing shrugs, but rear delt work is a prerequisite for healthy shoulders imo.

I'll tell what worked well for healthy shoulders, good warm-ups with some rotator cuff exercise.

That's it. Since I stopped wasting time in shrugs and lateral raises My Traps and rear delts grown like never before.

I believe that all you need for great Trap / Rear delts are heavy Deadlifts / rack pulls, strong BNP presses and heavy ass rows!

It worked wonders for me.

once someone trains heavy enough and with high intensity those muscles will grow more than with specific lateral raises or shrugs.

Rear delt is a small muscle, it receives a hell of a beatdown in Chest press movements, when you're training back also, than when you're shoulder pressing and has it was not enough you even do specific work.

For me that's way too much for such a small muscle.

Works for me.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
How much do you bench Natzo? You will find that the heavier you go, the more work you will need to do on the supporting muscles. I don't train traps specifically either, deads and rows are sufficient. But I thing that your rear delts are the one part of your shoulder that requires specific training as it is harder to hit in other movements due to your stronger muscle groups taking over.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
But I thing that your rear delts are the one part of your shoulder that requires specific training as it is harder to hit in other movements due to your stronger muscle groups taking over.

That makes sense..

I Bench 210 lbs...

You made me think about it.. gonna research..

Traps are out def.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm a heavy bencher and after my recent shoulder problems I sure wish someone had stressed the importance of rear delt work to me!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I'm a heavy bencher and after my recent shoulder problems I sure wish someone had stressed the importance of rear delt work to me!

I really don't believe in building strong rear delts with lateral raises or reverse flyes..

maybe high rows with heavy weight ...

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Do you mean upright rows? Only if with a wide grip. I just use reverse flyes, face-pulls, YTLW complex (look it up on youtube or search back through my log). Heavy rows are a must still, but throw a few sets of rear delt specific work in at the end of your sets. It doesn't take too long and it'll be well worth it in the long run.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Do you mean upright rows? Only if with a wide grip. I just use reverse flyes, face-pulls, YTLW complex (look it up on youtube or search back through my log). Heavy rows are a must still, but throw a few sets of rear delt specific work in at the end of your sets. It doesn't take too long and it'll be well worth it in the long run.

No I mean like bent over rows but with the bar to your chest ( upper chest)

was the best exercise I've ever done for rear delts.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
It would still be more upper back dominant that rear delt. Using a wider grip would hit the delts more.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
It would still be more upper back dominant that rear delt. Using a wider grip would hit the delts more.

yes I do that with a wide grip.

it felt great on the delts.