• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Google to Challenge Microsoft With Operating System

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
29382244-1.jpg

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aTd2k.YdQZ.Y

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw this, big news... will be curious to see how it fares, but Windows 7 is a huge step up from Vista.

P

Pain

VIP
God damn Google trying to take over the world again.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Googles been at it for a while now.... the competition will be good but its insane to think that they will be surpassing a company who has been in OS business for 30 years! Like Ironslave said Win7 is a big big improvement on Vista and if MAC couldnt beat Windows how do you expect a web based OS to do major damage! Plus the "Geeks" willl always like to have a "physicall contact" with the machines they run... none of that "Cloud" shit:thumbsup2:

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nothing better than some good competition. Already pre ordered my windows 7 though..cant wait MS rules

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The google OS is primarly for web surfing. Its a great step towards and OS but won't be replacing anything for Servers and doubt most would use it for desktops. Netbooks is going to be the biggest market for it until they expand it.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is absolutly nothing over Linux and Mac OS :spy:

i'm glad that i'm away from microsoft.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw this, big news... will be curious to see how it fares, but Windows 7 is a huge step up from Vista.

Windows 7 is a step up from Vista, but not as big as they claim (I am actually writing this message from windows 7). Windows 7 is faster but all in all is almost the same operating system with a few little tweaks here and there. That said I have had a really good experience with Vista 64, granted my comp is over powered.

I am excited to see google throw their hat in the ring. It will make the Linux, Mac and MS developers think in different directions.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is absolutly nothing over Linux and Mac OS :spy:

i'm glad that i'm away from microsoft.

Mac OS is pretty nice. Linux, not so much. Sure you can do a lot with Linux if you know what you are doing but it is hard for the masses. You gotta remember back to when Windows 95/98 first came out and how much trouble older folk had with it. Now move them to Linux and they will lose their minds. I know moving from xp to vista for some was hard. lol i can only imagine throwing linux at them and they try to get devices that are supported to work.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Windows 7 is a step up from Vista, but not as big as they claim (I am actually writing this message from windows 7). Windows 7 is faster but all in all is almost the same operating system with a few little tweaks here and there. That said I have had a really good experience with Vista 64, granted my comp is over powered.

I am excited to see google throw their hat in the ring. It will make the Linux, Mac and MS developers think in different directions.

I downloaded the open beta for windows 7 and for what kind of hardware I am running, I can notice night and day differences between the two operating systems. Vista is a piece of shit compared to 7 from my experience.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I downloaded the open beta for windows 7 and for what kind of hardware I am running, I can notice night and day differences between the two operating systems. Vista is a piece of shit compared to 7 from my experience.

7 is the 20% faster or so they claim. Granted I have a 2.83GHZ quad core, 8gig ddr3, nvidia gtx 280, raid 0 rig that will run just about anything.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
7 is the 20% faster or so they claim. Granted I have a 2.83GHZ quad core, 8gig ddr3, nvidia gtx 280, raid 0 rig that will run just about anything.

Holy shit son, you could probably run Crysis on DOS.