Well , luckily I train at home, I have my own gym installed. But what I don't like are people who make to much noise and like to intimidate others for no reason at all
thats a good thing of a health club its not a freaky gym with millions of people
Most of the time I've seen guys in jeans and shirts training arms (one guy had sunglasses on ) or bench. They never get out of first gear. The other ones I've seen are the 3/4 length shorts/pants in denim. Guys seem to think they can train legs in these things but always end up with a really short ROM and pathetic levels of intensity.
6) The leg press crowd - grab some balls and squat for once in your lives. Putting every plate in the gym on the sled and then having two guys spot you is not impressive, especially when you can't unrack a 100kg squat.
1. Dumbfucks who do standing exercizes infront of the dumbells which then prevents you from using dumbells.
2. Idiots who leave their gym bag in front of the dumbell rack.
3. Highschool students who think power cleans and bench are the ultimate exercizes to prove your strength.
4. Football players, its all ego with them and no muscle stimulation.
5. People who monopolize machines so when you think they are done with a machine because they are using two other ones..... THINK AGAIN because as soon as you hop on, they get back on.
I don't get bothered by much at the gym. I don't care what people wear, or how low they squat. It is none of my business. But I do laugh at the "shadow boxer". Almost every gym as one.
Yet they stare now across the plain at 10,000 SPARTANS commanding an army of 30,000 free Greeks! HAROOH! The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a future brighter than anything we could imagine. GIVE THANKS MEN, TO LEONIDAS AND THE BRAVE 300! TO VICTORY!
-Dilios at Plataea
The only reason I have a problem with the groups listed is they usually make it impossible to train in a gym. Generally it is all about a lack of courtesy towards others and that is one of the main reasons I don't train in gyms anymore. I agree there have been some comments in this thread (and the old one) that are the element of people you don't want in a gym.
My list and why they annoy:
1) The 1/4 squatters - they hog equipment and often comment about how they are out squatting you. Reality is they don't need the squat rack because they aren't really squatting.
2) The jeans trainers - they also tend to hog equipment and take forever on any bench or whatever. They also seem to be the people that want to interrupt you during a set :dunnodude:
3) The talkers - just plain get in the way and hog equipment. They also have the nerve to get indignent when you want to use said equipment.
4) Poser boys - go out of their way to get in your way. Are often the guys curling right next to the rack so you can't get to DB's.
5) It's all you - who doesn't find this annoying :bball:
6) Leg press crowd - because they always have all the 20kg plates and never put them back. Plus they are tools.
i hate it when people who don't give a shit about what they're doing take the equipment/apparatus you want, and you do give a shit, and then you end up having to change up your goal oriented workout out while they fuck around.
The leg press crew are a plague in my gym too, but thats not so bad, it keeps them from doing 1/4 squats in the squat and power rack. Also a bonus is the smith machine in the corner. All the big boys use it (but never without their knee wraps), again keeping the other racks free for me.
Jeans trainers don't bother of too much either. They only ever work chest and bis, and since we have 3 benches and 5 curl bars, generally stay out of the way. That is unless I want to do cable pushdowns, those peckers just can't live without their cable crossovers!
I'm not against the smith machine anymore for the reasons you just stated. Kinda like shiny stuff to distract the idiots so I can use the good stuff.
I can generally avoid the jeans trainers, as Monday is bench day, Tuesday arms so you can generally avoid them. But the denim shorts wearers are unpredictable and can show up anytime
I hate the following;
1. Nobeds talking to me (or anyone for that matter)
2. People reading mr training diary and so saying "O whats this you got" And the ussually crew when I'm writing down my poundages always shout over "I'll have a bacon balm please mate"
3. Curls in squat rack
4. People who do 10 sets of 10 on the bench
5. Half ass reps and super speed reps
I cba going on, i'm getting pissed off
But yeh Ben, if you wouldnt let me jump in on the bench with you for my 2 max sets i'd throw you out da window lolol :bball:
[spoiler]Or at least I would try to anyway [/spoiler]
If you use it, put it back where you got it from.
If you dirty it up, wipe it down.
Avoid grunting and loud noises as this disrupts others (among other reasons).
Treat the equipment like it is your own.
This should all be basic gym etiquitte. I hate to complain about things because I feel it's very peevish (ironic, eh?) and that's not the kind of person I am, but thats just my 2c. Now... back to doing what I do best...