• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mark Buehrle Pitches Perfect Game

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CHICAGO -- Pitching with his usual finesse and fast pace, Mark Buehrle tossed the 18th perfect game in history Thursday afternoon at U.S. Cellular Field, leading the White Sox to a 5-0 win over the Rays.

It was the second no-hitter of Buehrle's career, the last occurring on April 18, 2007, against the Rangers. He is the first player since Randy Johnson to throw multiple no-hitters, and the first to throw a perfect game since Johnson did it on May 18, 2004.

The Rays were barely able to make hard contact against Buehrle. Only three batters lined out, while the rest sprayed weak popups and fly balls to the outfield. Gabe Kapler led off the ninth inning and lined Buehrle's pitch to deep center field, but Dewayne Wise leaped at the wall to make the catch and preserve the left-hander's perfection.

Buehrle struck out six batters and recorded 11 ground ball outs. The 28,036 in attendance cheered after each out, and the cheers grew louder as the possibility of a perfect game drew nearer.

Making his first start of the second half, Buehrle (11-3) is looking to win 20 games in a season for the first time in his career. Thursday's outing should go a long way.

The White Sox offense wasted little time getting to Rays starter Scott Kazmir (4-6). Josh Fields, making only his fourth start in July, belted a grand slam to left on Kazmir's 3-1 offering, giving Buehrle all the cushion he needed.

Scott Podsednik and Alexei Ramirez hit back-to-back doubles down the right field line to lead off the fifth and provide an unnecessary insurance run.

As a lifetime white sox fan, I will remember this for the rest of my life. What an amazing fucking day.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RIP

I was at the game Olz. Section 135 row 7 just to the home side of plate. Greatest sporting event Ive ever seen live. Im saveing my stubs

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DUDE I am so jealous, i was at work listening to the game on the radio with my uncle... holy shit was it something.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its creepy how similiar his perfect game and no hitter are.....both games 2 hours 3 minutes...same home plate umpire for both....same amount of batters faced 27....great achievement

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i gotta say that baseball is the most boring sport there is to watch on tv. prolly more fun to be at the stadium

btw how long does a whole game take cuz i can´t stand watching it for more then 5 mins

V

vdawg

the length of a game varies, since he only faced 27 batter instead of maybe 30 to even 40+ batters stepping to the plate. a 2hour MLB game is pretty damn short

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
2cdik93-1.gif

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i gotta say that baseball is the most boring sport there is to watch on tv. prolly more fun to be at the stadium

btw how long does a whole game take cuz i can´t stand watching it for more then 5 mins

For some of us, baseball is something really special, i remember it was the first sport I started playing with my dad when I was a kid, like playing catch and hitting wiffle balls off of a tee. I really don't see how you think baseball is boring because there are some games where I am on the edge of my seat for each pitch. Everyone is different I guess.