• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Thibaudeau New program - I Bodybuilder

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
In the T- Nation site it's like they found the gun powder of Bodybuilding everyone is expecting Thibaudeau's and some guy new program that claims to put size like no other.

It's called I Bodybuilder and in about 2-3 there's gonna be articles and a video series about it.

the link to the introduction article and trailer of the series is:

About the training I know nothing about, but the nutricion may go around the induced insulin spike prior and during you workout, as you read in the intro article.

the Para-workout protocol must be something in these lines..:

PROTOCOL 1 (1-3 times per week, when working on a weak area)
Workout - 60 = Alpha-GPC
W - 40 = 1 FINiBAR
W - 30 = 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
W - 15 = 2 scoops Surge Recovery
During workout (early half) = 1 FINiBAR
During workout (later half) = 1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel
W + 15 = Grow! Whey 2 scoops
W + 90 minutes = Grow! Whey 2 scoops

PROTOCOL 2 (other workouts)
Workout - 60 = Alpha-GPC
W - 40 = 1 FINiBAR
W - 30 = 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
During workout (early half) = 1 FINiBAR
During workout (later half) = 1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel
W + 15 = 1 scoop Surge Recovery, 1 scoop Grow! Whey
W + 90 = Grow! Whey 2 scoops

This information is only speculation, until we see the video and articles but has you can see that para workout protocol has everything to do with inducing the insulin spike...

I'm really curious to see the workout program by the video looks damn good.
the test subjects gained about 20 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks!and seated over head pressed 375 for good 5 cluster reps! More or less the same happened to every! every test subject!

What do you guys think of these? I would like to see a discussion about the induced insulin spike during training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's one big PR-stunt due to the fact they are lunching their new product; Anaconda. Come on - Christian Thibaudeau has trained for who knows how long - and all of a sudden he gains 27 lbs of pure musclemass in 6 weeks just because of a new program and supplement. That claim is so ridiculous they honestly must think we are idiots.. I mean - that's prolly not even possibly on roids.

I call BS - big time. Obviously they are hyping Ananconda to profit from it. There's nothing wrong with that, but at least they could do it without those outlandish claims.

But CT does look swole in that vid!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I call BS - big time. Obviously they are hyping Ananconda to profit from it.

Agree 100% with the above statement.

But the Insulin question does seem interesting and actually makes sense. I'm not in the science field so a Timonian opinion should be interesting.

I'm not calling Bullshit until I see the whole program.

But Yes it has it's share of Marketing stunt for Anaconda. but hey it's CT the guy is a serious coach.. (so far).
If you don't buy Anaconda or the products of Biotest you can still make that para workout protocol being the basic - dextrose / waxy maize.

I want to see the program!

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Well, there's not really anything revolutionary about spiking insulin during and after your workout. Almost everybody does that already.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^Well, there's not really anything revolutionary about spiking insulin during and after your workout. Almost everybody does that already.

I only did it after... with my post workout shake..

P

power

It's one big PR-stunt due to the fact they are lunching their new product; Anaconda. Come on - Christian Thibaudeau has trained for who knows how long - and all of a sudden he gains 27 lbs of pure musclemass in 6 weeks just because of a new program and supplement. That claim is so ridiculous they honestly must think we are idiots.. I mean - that's prolly not even possibly on roids.

I call BS - big time. Obviously they are hyping Ananconda to profit from it. There's nothing wrong with that, but at least they could do it without those outlandish claims.

I agree the whole industry is full of lies; most of the supplements do nothing. They trick stupid people into buying these products that don’t do anything.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
come on... the guy has not posted anything and you are already saying it's bs?

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
come on... the guy has not posted anything and you are already saying it's bs?

No, but he's claiming he gained 27 lbs of pure muscle in 6 weeks... how much more proof of this being total bullshit do you need?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
T-nation often do little things like this, its all product promotion.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
The Motor Unit
A motor unit is the name given to a single alpha motor neuron and all the muscle fibers it activates (neurophysiologists use the term innervates). With 250 million skeletal muscle fibers in the body (give or take a few million), and about 420,000 motor neurons, the average motor neuron branches out to stimulate about 600 muscle fibers. Interestingly, large muscles may have as many as 2000 fibers per motor unit, while the tiny eye muscles may have only 10 or so fibers per motor unit. The size of a motor unit varies considerably according to the muscle’s function. Muscles with high force demands but low fine control demands (like a quadriceps muscle) are organized into larger motor units. Muscles controlling high precision movements like those required in the fingers or the eyes are organized into smaller motor units. The motor neuron branches into many terminals, and each terminal innervates a specific muscle fiber. The motor unit is the brain’s smallest functional unit of force development control; if a motor unit comprising 600 muscle fibers in the left biceps is stimulated, than all 600 of those fibers will contract simultaneously and contribute to the total force produced by the biceps. The brain cannot stimulate individual fibers one at a time. Even for our sophisticated nervous system, that would require far too much wiring.

Regulation of Muscular Force
The brain combines two control mechanisms to regulate the force a single muscle produces. The first is RECRUITMENT. The motor units that make up a muscle are not recruited in a random fashion. Motor units are recruited according to the Size Principle. Smaller motor units (fewer muscle fibers) have a small motor neuron and a low threshold for activation. These units are recruited first. As more force is demanded by an activity, progressively larger motor units are recruited. This has great functional significance. When requirements for force are low, but control demands are high (writing, playing the piano) the ability to recruit only a few muscle fibers gives the possibility of fine control. As more force is needed the impact of each new motor unit on total force production becomes greater. It is also important to know that the smaller motor units are generally slow units, while the larger motor units are composed of fast twitch fibers.

The second method of force regulation is called RATE CODING. Within a given motor unit there is a range of firing frequencies. Slow units operate at a lower frequency range than faster units. Within that range, the force generated by a motor unit increases with increasing firing frequency. If an action potential reaches a muscle fiber before it has completely relaxed from a previous impulse, then force summation will occur. By this method, firing frequency affects muscular force generated by each motor unit.
Firing Pattern
If we try and relate firing pattern to exercise intensity, we see this pattern. At low exercise intensities, like walking or slow running, slow twitch fibers are selectively utilized because they have the lowest threshold for recruitment. If we suddenly increase the pace to a sprint, the larger fast units will be recruited. In general, as the intensity of exercise increases in any muscle, the contribution of the fast fibers will increase.

For the muscle, intensity translates to force per contraction and contraction frequency/minute. Motor unit recruitment is regulated by required force. In the unfatigued muscle, a sufficient number of motor units will be recruited to supply the desired force. Initially desired force may be accomplished with little or no involvement of fast motor units. However, as slow units become fatigued and fail to produce force, fast units will be recruited as the brain attempts to maintain desired force production by recruiting more motor units. Consequently, the same force production in fatigued muscle will require a greater number of motor units. This additional recruitment brings in fast, fatiguable motor units. Consequently, fatigue will be accelerated toward the end of long or severe bouts due to the increased lactate produced by the late recruitment of fast units.

Specific athletic groups may differ in the control of the motor units. Top athletes in the explosive sports like Olympic weightlifting or the high jump appear to have the ability to recruit nearly all of their motor units in a simultaneous or synchronous fashion. In contrast, the firing pattern of endurance athletes becomes more asynchronous. During continuous contractions, some units are firing while others recover, providing a built in recovery period. Inital gains in strength associated with a weight training program are due to improved recruitment, not muscle hypertrophy.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Hum... Thibaudau already has a book with the same name as this program..

High-Threshold Muscle Building

61BZJgD0h1L_SL500_AA240_-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh and another one called the Black Book or something.

I'm sure Thibs has gained a lot of weight. Remember he used to be a WLer and probably has a bit of "muscle memory". Plus I wouldn't rule out juice.

And this is likely to be marketing for "best use of a pre-workout or peri-workout drink for insulin spikes". Another product that will improve performance by 8-15% (varies by individual.....).

If it really was this easy to gain mass, especially muscle mass, then there would have been more hype around this. Athletes, BBers, etc would all be on board already.

cereal

cereal

I'd say rip off. I think they forget to mention juicing...:doh:

But I wanna see this "wonder" muscle gain proggie.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking at the vid Thibs didn't gain all 37lbs as muscle as claimed.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
hey Tim has we are in this insulin topic.. How many grams of dextrose or waxymaize is it necessary to spike insulin (sorry if this a dumb question ), and is it better to take prior and after workout?

I currently use about 40 grams of Dextrose.. but by some reason never researched this topic..

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
just to add..

I think the training program is somewhat like this.. (judging by the video an CT words.)

you preform some heavy partials of the movement before doing the full range final exercise, that to wake up the CNS.

- ( CT words )

So now what I like to do is a CNS activation workout in the AM and a high-threshold motor-unit stimulation session in the PM.

In the AM I would use methods that would really fire up the nervous system like heavy partials, heavy supports, explosive reps and in the PM session there would be the actual ''full'' lifts with heavy weights.

I do not want to go into too much details, but he is a decent setup for shoulders:

AM - CNS ACTIVATION WORKOUT
A. Top half seated press in the power rack (bar starting on the safety pins, 1'' above the head) 1-2-3 ramp loading (use a certain weight and do one rep, rest a minute and do two reps with the same weight, rest a minute and do three reps with the same weight. If you complete these sets start a new ramp with 10-20lbs more)

B. Seated press maximal hold
Hold a weight that is 120-130% of your max for 4-5 sets of 6-9 seconds

C. Push press¸
Use 70% of your max perform 8 sets of 2 super explosive reps

PM - HT STIMULATION WORKOUT
A. Seated shoulder press 5 sets of 5x1 clusters (one set = 1 rep, 10 sec rest, 1 rep, 10 sec rest, 1 rep, 10 sec rest, 1 rep, 10 sec rest, 1 rep)

B. Heavy L-Lateral raise 5 sets of 5x1 clusters

C. Barbell front raise 5 sets of 5x1 clusters

- it's centered in around specialization.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Waxy maize is overrated.

As for the amounts it depends on bodyweight.
1.2-1.5g/kg of nutrition from 0.3-0.4g/kg of protein and 1.0-1.2g/kg of carbs is the PWO research.

We had a good discussion here: How Long Do you Wait Between Your PWO Shake and Meal?

Kev's post is interesting and recommends ~100g (75-80g for liver).

Last edited by a moderator:
Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking at the vid Thibs didn't gain all 37lbs as muscle as claimed.

To his 'defense' it was 27lbs not 37. But he obviously still didn't gain that amount of mass.