• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

"Why do you want to be big?" - Excerpt from Raising the Bar 3

mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

Raising the Bar 3 is not about female bodybuilding, but we do briefly profile a young newcomer to the sport.

In this excerpt Hayley McNeff expresses the enthusiasm I'm sure those of you who are bodybuilders remember feeling when you first started working out and felt the excitement of those first startling gains!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
weaksauce on the legpress ROM... her attitude is abnoxious but the words she uses are insightful to how some people just naturally are atracted to muscle and aquiring muscle. People often beleive that bodybuilding isnt natural but why do we naturally crave it? why do some people naturaly want to see people in great shape? its because its natural

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weaksauce on the legpress ROM... her attitude is abnoxious but the words she uses are insightful to how some people just naturally are atracted to muscle and aquiring muscle. People often beleive that bodybuilding isnt natural but why do we naturally crave it? why do some people naturaly want to see people in great shape? its because its natural

There are some interesting psychology papers and books on the topic you might be interested in. I can tell you now that it isn't about a normal attraction, natural could be argued, but it is a factor of society values and pressures and a mental state. Suffice to say a lot of people in BBing are not the most healthy of people, if only initially.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
There are some interesting psychology papers and books on the topic you might be interested in. I can tell you now that it isn't about a normal attraction, natural could be argued, but it is a factor of society values and pressures and a mental state. Suffice to say a lot of people in BBing are not the most healthy of people, if only initially.

i agree, there are many factors. But im sure that if bodybuilding didnt exist and society values/pressures/and mental state didnt have anything to do with it, some people would naturally gravitate towards muscularity the same way that thousands of years ago, when there wasnt any media or plastic surgery, the ideal woman in peoples eyes and in various cultures was a woman with big ass and big tits.