• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Melatonin questions

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im thinking about getting some melatonin. Reason being, I dont sleep well.
So whats your experiences with melatonin? Is there any side effects ect?

-D

P

power

I tried it when I used to work the night shift, it worked a little, as long as you don’t overdose, and there are no side effects. Try to relax, before you go to bed, mediate. If working the night shift is the reason, you can’t sleep, get out of that shift as soon as possible, because it is a real danger to your health.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I take it every night. It goes well with sleep-aids like Diphenhydramine, and also works nicely with ZMA.

Here in America, melatonin is dirt cheap. It's worth a try.

I also wouldn't recommend taking more than 9mg at a time. Out of curiosity, I swallowed a handful just to see what would happen. It knocked me out cold. :49:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take it every night. It goes well with sleep-aids like Diphenhydramine, and also works nicely with ZMA.

Here in America, melatonin is dirt cheap. It's worth a try.

I also wouldn't recommend taking more than 9mg at a time. Out of curiosity, I swallowed a handful just to see what would happen. It knocked me out cold. :49:

over here its illegal, fucking ridicolous:no:

i tried it once, got afew pills from a friend of mine. it worked actually, always had trouble sleeping, and i noticed improved sleep quality, and i feel asleep faster.

C

chrillurt

I asked a friend purchase it for me while in the US and he got it through customs without a porblem. It works really well, I slept much better and deeper. Since it is not allowed in Sweden one could try red wine, it is actually rich in melatonin, I cant remember if it is any specific grape but you can try and google it.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I'd also highly recommend valerian root. Even though it smells like feet, it works very well. It's often used as a natural alternative to benzodiazepine drugs. (like Xanax, Valium, etc.)

Valerian And Melatonin work very well together.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed with Tech, melatonin and ZMA is a potent combination for knocking you out, keeping you out and giving an overall deep, restful sleep. I think half a tab (1.5mg) dissolved under the tongue is enough to do the job.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
$31 >_<

4. Melatonin 5mg 60 Micro Caps 60 Kapslar sek 233.47 Add To Cart
5.000 mg Melatonin (ESI s.p.a)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say go for it bud, I just recently tried it, found some laying around the house and had honestly the best deep sleep I think I've ever had.

medicineman

medicineman

smoke weed, that will knock u out even better, and its all natural. plus, stimulated appetite, so u can force down some extra calories and bulk up.

co05

co05

It does give a good quality of sleep but I would be wary of taking too much. I took about 12 or 15mg on a whim and had a unpleasant headache the next day.

B

bigdan

It doesn't really do much for me. Not sure why but, I have heard other people say it doesn't work for them either. Btw I was taking 3mg.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take benadryl it gives you the good sleep. but i always have a huge hangover from them next day...

Joeb23

Joeb23

Agreed with Tech, melatonin and ZMA is a potent combination for knocking you out, keeping you out and giving an overall deep, restful sleep. I think half a tab (1.5mg) dissolved under the tongue is enough to do the job.

What about GABA? This promotes sleep as well. Would taking Melatonin with this be good? Or should I drop the GABA and just take ZMA and Melatonin?

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this may be crazy, but , I'm gonna ask anyway. Do you sleep with any light whatsoever? Endocrine glands secrete melatonin at night..and that's why we have those "circadian rythms" that allow us to sleep coincidentally when it's night..other than the fact that our basic schedule is like that. So, if you dont, try sleeping completely pitch black and see if it doesn't help buddy .

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
melatonin + gravol = sleep

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about GABA? This promotes sleep as well. Would taking Melatonin with this be good? Or should I drop the GABA and just take ZMA and Melatonin?

i tried GABA and i found it helped well with stress/anxiety much more then sleep, so i just take GABA during the day now and it keeps my mood rather stable.. be careful though, if you take too high of a dose you will get a rash and become very itchy..