• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DecaVol Steroid Scandal at Government Nuclear Weapons Facility

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DecaVol Steroid Scandal at Government Nuclear Weapons Facility
by Millard Baker

Russ Walker, a security police officer at a high-security government nuclear weapons facility, was fired after testing positive for anabolic steroids. Walker attributes the positive steroid test to his use of the over-the-counter supplement identified as “DecaVol” manufactured by Advanced Muscle Science (AMS).

Russ Walker was a model employee at Wackenhut Services Inc. Oak Ridge (WSI-OR). WSI Oak Ridge is the private security contractor for the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant in Tennessee where nuclear warheads are manufactured for the U.S. military. Walker was asked to undergo steroid testing based on unspecified probable cause that he was in violation of company and Department of Energy policy.

Walker’s employment was terminated after he tested positive for anabolic steroids. Walker is one of several WSI-OR security police officers who have blamed positive steroid test results on the use of over-the-counter supplements (”Fired guard disputes test: Former Y-12 worker says he took legal supplements, not steroids,” July 26).

“I’ve served my country my whole life. That’s all I’ve ever done. I take supplements because I take my job seriously. I want to perform at the highest level if something does happen over there” at Y-12, which houses the nation’s stockpile of weapons-grade uranium and other bomb-making parts. “It’s not just about being muscular, about body. I carry an assault machine gun, and I might have to run a mile. Can I protect nuclear weapons if I’m fat and out of shape and have to run 100 yards?”

Russ Walker was only six months away from retirement. His dismissal by Wackenhut has resulted in considerable financial hardship. Walker exhausted his retirement accounts to meet family obligations; and he was denied unemployment compensation since he was fired for using illegal intoxicants.

Walker owner two Extreme Nutrition supplement stores in sales at his Extreme Nutrition supplement stores have suffered due to the steroid stigma associated with supplements. He states that a large number of his customers were security guards from the Oak Ridge Y-12 facility.

Wackenhut spokeswoman Courtney Henry acknowledges that the company was aware that the use of dietary supplements could result in a positive steroid result. However, the company follow a “strict liability” policy that holds employees responsible for any prohibited substances found in their body. The “strict liability” policy is the same policy advocated by the World Anti-Doping Agency for anti-doping controls in sports.

“It is not the company’s responsibility to determine what was taken, when, how or why,” she said.
Henry said Wackenhut officials do not believe use of illegal drugs, including anabolic steroids, is a big problem with security officers in Oak Ridge.

“We are aware, however, of the use of performance-enhancing stimulants, which can be purchased and taken legally, by a number of security police officers,” she said. “Independent studies have shown that between 10 percent and 25 percent of legally obtained performance-enhancing supplements contain enough anabolic steroids to result in a positive drug test for steroids, or metabolize in an individual system in a manner that causes a positive drug test. Although we cannot prohibit the use of these legal supplements, we have strongly discouraged their use.”

Randy Lawson, president of the International Guards Union of America Local 3, has challenged the firing of Russ Walker and other WSI-OR security guards. Lawson has argued that the steroid positives resulted from over-the-counter supplements and that WSI-OR did not provide a list of prohibited over-the-counter supplements

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2...-firing-of-guard-at-nuclear-weapons-facility/

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

thats gotta suck big, been seeing that happen more often lately.

but it is still a stupid argument, the guy wasnt drunk or high, only taking a supp for health and athletic performance.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

He should go into a tribunal and get justice, this is bullshit.A man who has always done his job strictly cannot be fired for using roids.It never caused him to be less professional on the job so there's no argument here, just bullshit.This steroid hunt really pissess me off.

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He should go into a tribunal and get justice, this is bullshit.A man who has always done his job strictly cannot be fired for using roids.It never caused him to be less professional on the job so there's no argument here, just bullshit.This steroid hunt really pissess me off.

x2 :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that he was in violation of company and Department of Energy policy
Suck it up. They have a policy, he violated it.

Companies have the right to fire people in breach of their policies. The only thing he could have done is refuse the test for invasion of privacy.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Companies have the right to fire people in breach of their policies. The only thing he could have done is refuse the test for invasion of privacy.

Policy?Bullshit man.This is not like you've been caught smoking crack on your job, he didn't nothing that endangered security in the place, so wtf?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Policy?Bullshit man.This is not like you've been caught smoking crack on your job, he didn't nothing that endangered security in the place, so wtf?
Policy = employment contract = legal bond

Short of them expecting or pressuring him to sign a contract that asks him to do something illegal or immoral he has no grounds.

It is about their corporate image. They have the right to ensure that their staff are held to a standard and that has been written into the employment contract. Steroids are illegal in most places, so expecting staff to sign a no-drugs policy as part of their employment is perfectly legal. So the employee has broken the contract in testing positive. Therefore they can sack him.

But not only has he broken a legally binding contract he has also quite possibly broken the law.

Really, what's not to get about this?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP

this.

/thread