• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nelson Piquet fired from Renault

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SAO PAULO — Nelson Piquet Jr. said Monday he has been fired from Renault and blamed team principal Flavio Briatore for his failure to achieve significant results in Formula 1.

Piquet said he was very disappointed with Renault's decision, but at the same time was relieved to put an end to "the worst period of my career."

"I can now move on and put my career back on the right track and try to recover my reputation of a fast, winning driver," Piquet Jr. said. "I am a team player and there are dozens of people I have worked with in my career who would vouch for my character and talent, except unfortunately the person that has had the most influence on my career in Formula One."

Piquet said in a statement Monday that the "black period" of his career began when he signed a management contract with Briatore, who "threatened" him instead of supporting him. He called Briatore his "executioner."

"On numerous occasions, 15 minutes before qualifying and races, my manager and team boss would threaten me, telling me if I didn't get a good result, he had another driver ready to put in my place," Piquet Jr. said. "I have never needed threats before to get results."

:rofl3:

http://ctestp.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090803/090803_piquet_fired/20090803/?hub=CP24Sports

CombBoy

CombBoy

Poor bastard. I guessed Piquet Snr would do everything in his power to ensure his son has a secure future in the sport.