• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Personal Trainer gets fat to understand clients :-))

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
..:D

wpwmr-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
co05

co05

I guess he's a method trainer.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol That was on the news here this morning. Its obviously some kind of lame marketing attempt.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's doing it just like the pros in the off-season. He'll only come back bigger. :p

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
He's a fucking Aussie. What a wanker.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Beer gut, haha.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't think that personal trainers could actually sink any lower on my opinion scale. But this one has plumbed the depths, reached the bottom and started digging further.

P

Pain

VIP
Why would someone give up money as a model to get fat to and try and understand and feel more sympathy for overweight people? I don't see the logic in any of this. All it would do is make new gym goers feel more comfortable being fat if a "personal trainer" is also fat. PT's are supposed to empathize health and fitness.

What a moron. He should start drinking and doing drugs to better undertand alcoholics and herion addicts.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why would someone give up money as a model to get fat to and try and understand and feel more sympathy for overweight people? I don't see the logic in any of this. All it would do is make new gym goers feel more comfortable being fat if a "personal trainer" is also fat. PT's are supposed to empathize health and fitness.

What a moron. He should start drinking and doing drugs to better undertand alcoholics and herion addicts.

It's a publicity stunt, and the fact that it's gotten picked up by a documentary and ABC news means it worked. He'll diet down again, his name will now be out there, and he will have made a lot of money from the whole ordeal.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pain

VIP
It's a publicity stunt, and the fact that it's gotten picked up by a documentary and ABC news means it worked. He'll diet down again, his name will now be out there, and he will have made a lot of money from the whole ordeal.

Praying on the uneducated and ignorant. Sometimes I pity people.

Shadow

Shadow

You fellas amaze me with your ignorance sometimes. He put on weight to experience what it's like to lose it. He obviously has never been fat in his life so wouldn't know how difficult it is for some of his clients to lose weight. How hard is that to figure out!! And the comments about him being an Aussie!! You Americans really have no idea how you're viewed by the rest of the world do you? And statements like these don't help your cause one little bit, especially with the Aussies who frequent this board.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude the guy who said he was an "Aussie wanker" is an Aussie, as are a lot of us on here. I dont care where he is from, he is a fool pretending to "care" and "understand" obese people in order to self-promote himself and his personal training business.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You fellas amaze me with your ignorance sometimes. He put on weight to experience what it's like to lose it. He obviously has never been fat in his life so wouldn't know how difficult it is for some of his clients to lose weight. How hard is that to figure out!! And the comments about him being an Aussie!! You Americans really have no idea how you're viewed by the rest of the world do you? And statements like these don't help your cause one little bit, especially with the Aussies who frequent this board.
Couple of points:

As already pointed out, Skeptic is an Aussie. And being an Aussie he is allowed to criticise fellow Aussies to the point were they resemble Kyle Sandliands and will never work again.

He will have no idea about what it is like. Often people who are overweight have very little idea of proper diet and exercise and have lived that way for all of their lives. Changing the habits of a lifetime is not something you can experience over the course of a few weeks. Thus this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Now if had been a fatty in the past it would be a different story.

My last point is that he is a personal trainer. He counts to ten for a living. What the hell does he know about anything? He is giving the good PT's a bad name by cheapening their industry with yet more BS. The emotional part of changing your physique has to come from within, the PT just offers support. Offering understanding is nice, but he isn't getting any understanding as he has forced himself to become like his clients.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

Ignorance? How is what he is doing in any way positive?

Pretty sure you're on bodybuilders.com.au right (Taz if I'm correct)? So am I :borat:

EDIT: Under my avitar also says I'm Aussie :keke:

co05

co05

He will have no idea about what it is like. Often people who are overweight have very little idea of proper diet and exercise and have lived that way for all of their lives. Changing the habits of a lifetime is not something you can experience over the course of a few weeks.

Bad habits are exactly to blame. I've never had much sympathy for those who claim it's "hard to lose weight". Most of these overweight people make so many bad dietary decisions. They'll get a thing of fried chicken and, just to be healthy, a diet soda. Making smart decisions about diet is seriously not that hard, but people make it out to be a battle. It's no struggle to choose home lunch over fast food.

Publicity stunt or not, he's really doing nothing. Stupid, IMHO.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Look guys, is this "stupid" of him to do? In one sense, yeah it serves no purpose, and as a personal trainer it doesn't really matter if you can "know" what it's like to go through the hardships of losing weight. Do strength and conditioning coaches for Olympic athletes know what it's like to participate in the sports for the athletes they're training? In most cases, absolutely not. So, we know, it is pointless in that regard.

It's a smart business move. He is getting his name out there, getting publicity, and when he gets the weight off he'll be known as a guy with experience of losing weight, which is going to appeal to a LOT of potential clients. I really don't get why you guys are getting offensive and bashing him for this, he's going to be the one laughing in the end when he makes bank off it.

We have tons of aussies on this board, we're clearly kidding around with them. Further, look at the location of the first person who called him an aussie wanker.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Marketing makes the world go around...!

Look guys, is this "stupid" of him to do? In one sense, yeah it serves no purpose, and as a personal trainer it doesn't really matter if you can "know" what it's like to go through the hardships of losing weight.

STFU and get fat, you unlazy bastard!! :shakefist:

Shadow

Shadow

LOL - okay, I overreacted. Skeptic you suckered me in well and good thanks for that. Think I'll go crawl back in my hole :doh:

P

Predah

what if the guy couldn't take eating healthy anymore and while getting fat came up with this awesome idea which allows him to eat as much shitty greasy food as he likes? ;)