• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

BEGGINER

K

kas09

hi im new to this muscle building.can someone help me as i dont know what to do.it would be helpful if someone tells me some routine as i will need help :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:NEW

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First thing is join a gym or get some weights. Bodyweight exercises can be great but humans are good with tools too.

Second thing is learn to lift. Good form, heavy weight that gets heavier over time. Squats, deadlifts, dips, chins, presses, rows.

Third thing is learn to eat. Proper food in the right amounts.

Fourth thing is to get good at doing 2 and 3.

Everything else is just details.

P

Pain

VIP
First, have a read through some of the stickies in this section. The most important thing a beginner can do is.. read, read, read and read some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Follow Tim's advices, a research like Pain suggested.

To build muscle, you have to understand the process behind it.

Muscle growth is nothing more than muscle adaptation to a certain effort.

the basic I would say is: having in consideration that for muscle growth the reps must be between 8-12, you do an exercise trying ALWAYS to progress in weight or reps.. if you do 10 reps already with a certain weight increase the poundage then work in reps till you get that ten again.

Of course has a begginer the most important thing is getting your exercise form in.

I would suggest a whole body routine, you can find examples in the exercise section. Begginers tend to respond very well to it.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
If you have access to a gym then for the rank beginner, I recommend Rippetoe's Starting Strength, here is a good write-up of it:

Start of with light weights and practice your form for the first few weeks before getting any heavier.

Essentially, you need to be doing these exercises, in loose order of importance:
  1. Squat
  2. Deadlift
  3. Bench Press or Dumbbell Press
  4. Rows and Pullups
  5. Shoulder Press

Everything else is secondary. Don't even look at a curl bar until you can squat. You need a good platform first before you can build pretty disco muscles.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ agree, if you cant do pullups, start doing them, that's my biggest mistake!!

Compounds moves+ good food+ good rest=/succes