• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best movie of the year so far?

P

Pain

VIP
I haven't seen enough movies in 2009 to really say. I've only seen mainstream movies, which have all been pretty bad.

I still want to watch The Hurt Locker... I've heard a lot of good things about this one.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My top 3...

The hangover

Taken

Watchmen (# 1)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best film...... can't say that any have been good enough to be the best film as most have been kinda average.

Having said that I enjoyed the Star Trek movie.

Quantam of Solace was also ok.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ There's the other problem: I haven't seen that many movies this year. I might get to see Watchmen this weekend if it is in the DVD store.

Living in the country can suck like that. You have to wait a long time to see certain movies and then you quite often miss them all together.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ There's the other problem: I haven't seen that many movies this year. I might get to see Watchmen this weekend if it is in the DVD store.

Living in the country can suck like that. You have to wait a long time to see certain movies and then you quite often miss them all together.
It's been a slow year but, to be fair, everyone says that every year around this time. There's been a few films I've haven't seen theaters that I'm not sweating because I'll simply review the DVD releases (Whatever Works, Hurt Locker, Moon, In the Loop, etc). A few of the other films I did get to see - The Brothers Bloom, Adventureland, and to a lesser extent 12 - are worthwhile as well. Some bigger (in arthouse circles), better directors have releases later this year that should prove interesting. Hell, I'm still curious (nervous, but curious nonetheless) about Tarantino's Basterds.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Hurt Locker, definitely,

If anyone gets a chance to see it, Yasukuni was great. It's a documentary about Japan's war shrine to it's dead heroes.... (Including class A-war criminals.)

I've been to the shrine, quite a nutter place. Japan's right wing extremists gather there and basically present a revisionist history of Japan's occupation of Asia....
:umwtf:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Antichrist was pretty darn awesome. Danish Von Trier even :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Aside from Zach Galifianakis, The Hangover wasn't very good.

Q

quorom

Transformers was the best stupid fun movie I've seen all year.
Star Trek was probably the best all around movie I saw this year.
on the other hand, Wolverine was terrible.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just watched the hangover...loved it!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The Wrestler, although I haven't watched The Watchmen yet...