• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My diet.. let me know what I can improve

203MH

Meal #1 - For breakfast I usually go with liquid eggs (1/2 or 3/4 cup 12-18 grams protein) and either a couple turkey breast slices or chicken sausage (anothher 15 grams protein) and 2 slices of wheat bread, or a whole grain cereal

Meal #2 - Post-Workout = 2 Scoops Whey Power & fat free milk (I usually add a bit of reduced fat peanut butter) - Also, being that post-workout is the a decent time to get in simple sugars, sometimes I'll have a couple Mike & Ike Pieces or so... I don't do that everyday

Meal #3 - Due to my work scheduale it's a little hard to squeeze in a meal in time so it doesn't conflict with my 3 hour limit so I'll usually go with a meal replacement protein bar, if I'm not at work I usually go with a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, or even sometimes if I am at work I'll have a chicken caesar wrap or chicken blt wrap on whole wheat (The caesar sauce and/or mayonaise isnt the best, which is why I get it on whole wheat and make sure the protein outweighs it all)

Meal #4 - If I'm at work lately I've been doing tuna fish on wheat bread and bananas, or herb chicken breast, ir I'm at home it's either a protein shake or turkey breast, tuna, somewhere in those lines

Meal #5- if I'll be working late I usually go with a protein shake from the convenience store across the street, but if I'm home I usually go with 2 chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli or a salad,

Snacks
Protein Bars (Smaller ones)
Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
Non-fat dairy (I don't do that often)

Random Notes
- If my schedule allows me to, I'll go with a slower processing protein shake before breakfast

- I usually pick 1 day to cheat around but even than I don't go overboard, like if I'm going to eat pizza, I'll eat clean all day
- ALWAYS try to get no less than 180 grams protein a day on workout days

It sort of changes up on the weekends because I'm not often at the gym (I get everything done during the week and my gym closes early) so regardless I still set the minimum at 100 grams, and usually at work I'll substitute protein shakes or so if I can or

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Got a break down of the macros and cals?

203MH

Right now I'm down to 6'0 about 170 so now I wanna pack on 10 lbs muscle and stay built, but also lean - the other thing is I have a high metabolism so when I do cardio (lose bodyfat) I easily shed weight

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you need a hell of a lot more calories if you want to grow.. if you have a high metabolism then you would need even more to grow.. this is the off season lean bulk diet iam following and im your height but i have about 90 pounds on you

Offseason Program

Wake up:
1000mg Vitamin C 1 Omega 3-6-9
1 Multi Vitamin/Mineral 1 B-Complex
400iu Vitamin E 50mg Zinc
2000mg BCAA’s

Meal 1
60g Whey Protein
2 Cups Oatmeal Cooked or 2 Whole Wheat Bagels (any additions can be made for taste)
1 Banana

Meal 2
8oz Steak or 8oz Chicken Breast
1 Cups Whole Wheat Past or One Medium Potato

Meal 3 (pre-workout)
60g Whey Protein
10g Creatine Monohydrate
1 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Bread
2000mg BCAA’s

Meal 4 (post-workout)
50g Whey Protein
100g Dextrose
10g Creatine
5g Glutamine
2000mg BCAA’s

Meal 5 (1hr Later)
8oz Steak or 8oz Chicken Breast
1 Cups Whole Wheat Pasta or 5 Rice Cakes
1 Cups Veg or Med Salad

Meal 6
8 Egg Whites
4 Whole Eggs
1 Tbsp. 100% Peanut Butter

Meal 7 (if needed for late night snack)
60g Whey Protein
Small Bowl Cereal or 1 Cup Frozen Yogurt

Repeat all Vitamins and Minerals from morning before bed.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. Your going to need to eat your diet on a consistent basis, stop taking the weekend s off that is devastating to your weight gaining success.

2. You need to add 1000 calories to your diet. at 170 lbs and a fast meatbolism you will use roughly 1950 calories a day for your body to perform its normal metabolic functions( body maintenance). Then add the calories you burn from working out, and on top of that your trying to gain 10 lbs. I suggest you get on a 3000 calorie a day diet.

3. Break down of a suggested nutrition plan to meet your goal:
3016 total calories
35% protein 1080 calories 270g(rounded Up from 262.5)
45% carbohydrates 1360 calories 340(rounded up from 337.5)
20% fat 576 calories 64g (rounded down from 66.7)

6 meals

Meal 1
40g protein
100 g carbohydrates
0 g fat

meal 2 Post work out
50 g protein
100g carbohydrates
20 g fat

meal 3
45g protein
35g carbohydrates
11 g fat

Meal 4
45g protein
35g carbohydrates
11 g fat

meal 5
45g protein
35g carbohydrates
11 g fat

Meal 6
45g protein
35g carbohydrates
11 g fat

Let this be a base for you to work off of, if you have a base it is way easier to manipulate variables to get the desired result.

Hope this helps some.

God Bless
Ben

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice posts Ben and Serb.

Only thing I'd add is that the learning to eat as a "skinny" guy is the hard part. Very easy to go with caloric dense foods that tend to add more fat than muscle, but you do need to learn to eat more.

I kept a food log for a month to learn my intake and what food had in it. Unless your diet changes a lot, you only really need to keep a log for a week or so to get the feel for what you eat and what is in it.

Another point is try to make sure that your carbs are coming from sources that are nutritious. You need your vegetables and fruits to provide nutrients, vitamins (etc) and a lot of carbs are sorely lacking in these.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
EDIT: Tim brings up a very good point you should have a cup of veggies with every meal that it is possible for you to to keep your digestive system moving.