• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Joel "Birdlegs" Stubbs[3rd place] vs. Fouad Abiad[4th place] - Europa

Who wins?

• Joel Stubbs

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Fouad Abiad

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Credit is due to Stubbs for bringing great conditioning. But simply stated, Fouad looks like a bodybuilder, Joel does not.

2w3b5ow-1.jpg
34s5qol-1.jpg

2ue2vz9-1.jpg
25h38m1-1.jpg

2q9lutw-1.jpg
2elxow1-1.jpg

pp2dh-1.jpg
24qmvit-1.jpg

2rxd287-1.jpg
2nh258n-1.jpg

2hydp4m-1.jpg
16auwcj-1.jpg

2s8k383-1.jpg
10xdpp1-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Stubbs would better compete in the handicapped class, in a wheelchair, he would own all, and this time fair judged.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stubbs would better compete in the handicapped class, in a wheelchair, he would own all, and this time fair judged.
I never thought about that...it's so true!

:49:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He really doesn't have any mass near his knee at all. Almost looks like he has torn the insertions and had them repared.

Either that or he is afraid of squats.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Stubbs is just terribly put together.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Fouad only fourth?!.. Stubbs shouldn't place before Abiad, But I dont see the reason to mock him for his torn quads, show some class flex

T

tavuthekid

the thing is like it has always been,the better back wins the show.maybe his quads are not that amazing.but i dont think any of the guys in mecca are even near him so it is better not to criticize.and if he had a nickname it would be :"best back in the business atm"

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the only reason Fouad got 4th is because the judges wanted to see Bill and Joel quality for the O.. IFBB sucks..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the thing is like it has always been,the better back wins the show.maybe his quads are not that amazing.but i dont think any of the guys in mecca are even near him so it is better not to criticize.and if he had a nickname it would be :"best back in the business atm"

Phil Heath is a member here. I think the next Mr O could claim to have a superior back.

Anonymous criticism is what the internet is all about.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stubbs back completely destroys fouads. not that fouads is bad, but stubbs back is amazing.

other than that, fouad is more complete with alot better quads and also harder, especially through the hams and glutes, so i agree with the assesment that fouad should have beat him.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tp_88

tp_88

If Fouad and Joel were the only contestant in the show I would have had it:

1. Fouad
2. Fouad
3. Fouad
4. Fouad
5. Joel

I think it's that obvious.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fouad only fourth?!.. Stubbs shouldn't place before Abiad, But I dont see the reason to mock him for his torn quads, show some class flex

Are you sure that Stubbs has torn quads???????!!! I thought they were just how his legs were shaped........

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont think he has torn quads, but he has had 2 knee surgeries..

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^I heard he tore both ACL's in his knees, some basketball injury.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We don't know that they're torn. If anything, probably only his left quad is torn.

From what I've heard, he has terrible knees...which keeps him from squatting hard.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As long as that's true, you know what that means? The judges handed 3rd place to a bodybuilder that doesn't have to go through with grueling leg workouts every week.

That, IMO, gives us the right to criticize.

If Stubbs is able to start crushing quads hard, he'll be nearly unstoppable. For now, stick to wheelchair bodybuilding. :49:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joel had 2 surgeries on his knees during his College Basketball days. its written all in Milos sarcevs forum.

and guys dont forget.. joel is 6ft 3in.. obviously could be MUCH better but for someone with his knee problem AND stature they arent bad

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joel had 2 surgeries on his knees during his College Basketball days. its written all in Milos sarcevs forum.

and guys dont forget.. joel is 6ft 3in.. obviously could be MUCH better but for someone with his knee problem AND stature they arent bad

no offense but I would say they are very bad.....I can fully understand the knee problems but his stature has nothing to do without it....Look at Edward Nunn's legs and he is 6 foot 1........Toney Freeman has amazing legs at 6 foot 2.....and even quincy taylor has good legs at what......6 foot 4

trust me I have nothing against stubbs, i actually talked to him at the AC 2 years ago for about 10 min. he was an unbeliveably nice person but still this is a bodybuilding show and he was handed his good placing

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
This is bodybuilding, guys. You have to hold people's structural shortcomings against them, as it's pretty much the basis of the sport.

B

Batmanx007

Having been at the Europa for the entire weekend, I think the only place Fouad won was in his quads. These pics don't tell the whole story. It is true Stubbs' quads are not on par with the rest of his physique, but he was all around better than Fouad on this weekend(excepting his quads of course). He(Stubbs) brought a pretty impressive package to this show. I also have to agree with Turkish1530 in his assessment of stature.