• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Gina Carano lost against Cyborg

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What an atmosphere and what a one-round fight. Gina Carano and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos slugged it out all over the cage for what seemed like the longest five-minute round in MMA history. Cyborg was slightly ahead in the round when she got the fight to the ground with less than 20 seconds left. Carano covered up and took 15 unanswered shots on her arms and to the face through her guard. When Carano wasn't moving or defending herself, referee Josh Rosenthal felt compelled to stop the fight. The crowd seemed to think he could've held off since there was just one second left in the round. Cyborg (8-1) wins the Strikeforce women's featherweight title at the 4:59 mark of the first.
Carano (7-1) was emotional in the cage as they announced the winner and handed the belt to Cyborg. It was the first loss of her career. She was more than competitive throughout withstanding multiple flurries and attacks from Cyborg. She actually powered out of a kimura attempt with less than 45 seconds left in the round. And at times she looked like the crisper striker. But the volume coming from Cyborg was eventually too much to deal with. Cyborg delivered as a minus-170 favorite on Las Vegas betting boards.
The HP Pavilion rocked before and during the fight. There wasn't a three second break in the action during the fight and much of the crowd was on it feet for the entire fight. It easily matched the atmosphere of any UFC or Strikeforce card featuring all male fighters.
Now the question is, can Strikeforce and women's fighting build the sport around someone who isn't a beauty queen. Whether that statement offends you or not, reality is there was a reason Carano was part of American Gladiators and did so many appearances on shows like Craig Ferguson and Jimmy Kimmel. That said, Carano is also far from finished. She proved even in a loss that she's a legitimate fighter. Maybe we see a rematch after both fighters get to test their skills against some of the other women as the sport grows.

:omgwtf:

Last edited by a moderator:
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
watched the fight live.. Cyborg is simply way too powerful.. at one point i felt as if Gina would have a chance, the girl has heart thats for sure.. oh and her beautiful face.. shes all bloody and scarred up.. i hope its not permanent..

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
watched the fight live.. Cyborg is simply way too powerful.. at one point i felt as if Gina would have a chance, the girl has heart thats for sure.. oh and her beautiful face.. shes all bloody and scarred up.. i hope its not permanent..
did it bother you that they stopped the show with like 45 minutes left? After the main event, they had enough time to show at least 2 more fights.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
did it bother you that they stopped the show with like 45 minutes left? After the main event, they had enough time to show at least 2 more fights.

ya it was gay.. a waste of $40 to be honest.. now the vids are posted all over the net.. personally the whole night was a waste, the only real fight was the Gilbert Melendez def. Mitsuhiro Ishida which finished in a TKO in the 3rd round.. Babalu was a joke..wtf was that lol.. the whole night was a bit disappointing, just goes to show you why the UFC is so much more popular.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
ya it was gay.. a waste of $40 to be honest.. now the vids are posted all over the net.. personally the whole night was a waste, the only real fight was the Gilbert Melendez def. Mitsuhiro Ishida which finished in a TKO in the 3rd round.. Babalu was a joke..wtf was that lol.. the whole night was a bit disappointing, just goes to show you why the UFC is so much more popular.
you spent $40?

Our cable provider said we could order Showtime and cancel it whenever we wanted, for only 50 cents a day. lol.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
carano4xs0-1.gif

8aoestt-1.gif

6sqf8cn-1.gif

caranoit5-1.gif

caranokorf6-1.gif

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thx for the vid link @ marko :)

yea cyborg really overpowered carano. looked like she was on meth or so lol

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I can't imagine any female beating Cyborg anytime soon.

She'll probably hold the belt until Strikeforce goes bankrupt....which will probably be within two years.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't imagine any female beating Cyborg anytime soon.

She'll probably hold the belt until Strikeforce goes bankrupt....which will probably be within two years.

agreed..

why doesn't the UFC promote women's MMA?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they shouldnt have let this ugly freak enter any sports. and i wouldnt be surprised if she was juicing
plus with her the sport is DEFINITELY not going to get as much attention

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
agreed..

why doesn't the UFC promote women's MMA?
Dana White said that there isn't enough female talent. There wouldn't be enough women to put on consistent fights throughout the year.

P

Pain

VIP
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3178/2715018204_f7c8b6fd17.jpg

they shouldnt have let this ugly freak enter any sports. and i wouldnt be surprised if she was juicing

:bitelip:

That fight was pretty intense. A lot more entertaining than most mens fights I've seen.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2715018204_f7c8b6fd17-1.jpg

your comment is quite stupid.. cyborg is an amazing talent.. Gina will always be the face of womens mma.. your comment is childish.. didnt think mma was measured on a scale of looks, i always thought it involved talent and fighting skills.. goof..

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
are you dumb? Fighting is not about beauty its about skill and power :gtfo:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cyborg is a killer...simple as that

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mousasi looked great...great up and coming talent there

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

And you prove again and again how much of an idiot you are. :footmouth:

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just watched it. Gina is a class act. She handled the defeat with class unlike a lot of athletes out there.