• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nutrition Advice.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys i need some nutrition tips, as you know im trying to lose some fat so i'd like to hear some advices, feel free to ask anything you need to help me out, i really really like to compete next year but i wanna lose some fat first then go bulking!!

thanks in advance.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Papi u butt head you know we want your:
1. weight
2. current calories and a breakdown as close as you know
3. how many days a week your training
4. What is your weight doing currently (gaining, losing, staying the same)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ANd what weight category you want to compete at and whether you will be doing a Duality or a JB in terms of conditioning.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And - do you do or do you not do steroids. Are you intending on doing any hormonal supplementation during the diet?

I'd advice totally different approaches based on this knowledge.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol Benito, im 247 lbs right now, ive lost some weight but im fatter :tears: all that weight loss was due to the lack of training, about calories i take.....i have no idea, i eat like a motherfu....thats why i need you to help me Benito del Toro *duh*

i'd like to stay the same, as i keep losing fat.

Timmeh, you know Duality's my goal, pound by pound, towel by towel, lube by lube.....nah i dont know about weight category, if you ask me i must say "super heavy weight" :gaygay: but im not concerned by it yet.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
rob you really need a couple of transition periods to get what you want.

You need to finish leaning out then you need the three parts of a bulking diet.

I need to have a goal in mind as far as body weight is concerned and like tunen said will you be natural or not?

The first 3 parts wont change regardless of being natural or not it is the fourth part and their after that will be different. It is important that you follow your calories and breakdown of meals 7 days a week. If you want to cheat then cheat in line with the calories your suppose to have at that meal. By cheating im referring to junk food ect.

Phase 1- Keep weight at what it is currently and drop off fat.
Your training should be intense don't back off of doing anything. Your training is what is going to really help you drop off the fat along with the diet. At this point you have to rely on both to get the result that you want. Lift like you're in the off season heavy weight with perfect form all of the tension in the muscle for sets of 8-10. The idea for your traiining at this point is to stress your glycogen requirements but to keep your muscles under trained so they continue to grow. So do the HIIT cardio IS and Tim were telling you to do, and train heavy for sets of 8-10 in the gym. Your weight room should be moderate volume but medium- high intensity. Keeping what strength you have at this point in time is a boiler plate goal you should do that at a minimum.
3000 calories

Protein 40% 1200 calories 300 g
Carbohydrates 40% 1200 calories 300 g
fats 20% 600 calories 67g fat

Meals 1-6
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11g fat

Part 2- to add more body weight and increase poundages on your lifts. Lifting heavier still the volume of the workout should be increased slightly drop the cardiovascular off to two days a week and the weights should go up nicely. Don't do cardiovascular exercise on days that you weight train.
3500 calories

35% protein 1225 calories 305g(rounded down from 306.5)
45 % carbohydrates 1575 calories 395g(rounded up form 393.75)
20 % fat 700 calories 78g(rounded up from 77.7)

Meal pre-workout
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
0 g fat

post workout
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
15 g fat

Meal 3
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
16 g fat

Meal 4
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
16 g fat

Meal 5
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
15 g fat

Meal 6
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
15 g fat

You need to have a cup of vegetables with each meal to keep you digestive system moving

Part 3- Continue to raise body weight and increase strength, you really need to be training really good at this point. Increase the volume slightly and definitely increase your poundages.
4000 calories

35% protein 1400 calories 350g
45% carbohydrates 1800 calories 450 g
20% fat 800 calories 89 g(rounded up from 88.89)

7 meals

Meal 1
50 g protein
100 carbohydrates
0 g fat

meal 2
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
18g fat

Meal3
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
17g fat

Meal4
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
18g fat

Meal5
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
17g fat

Meal6
50 g protein
100 g carbohydrates
18g fat

Meal7( have this meal any time after your post workout meal it does not have to be before bed)
50 g protein
0 g carbohydrates
0 g fat

Again you need to be eating a cup of vegetables with every meal.

Part 4 Rob at this point i need to know weather or not your going to stay natural or not, b/c this is where you would start a cycle, and if you do the diet will be different than if you were not going to be "on". If you don't want your decision to be public PM me your decision and i will PM the final part of the bulk to you based on you decision to stay clean or not.

God Bless
Ben

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you very much Benito, but ive got a question how long should i follow those cycles??

About competion...natural?? lol

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Until you plateau with each one.

The first one follow until your composition stops changing. If you want too loose more fat after you plateau tell me i will write a diet a step beyond that one, but the one i wrote should get you where you want to be no problem.

Step two follow until you plateau in the gym but mostly with your bodyweight.

Step three follow until you plateau again in the gym and your body weight stops going up.

What will happen with parts 2 and 3 is that you will gain the weight from the calories frist then you will gain the strength from being able to lift more weight at a heavier body weight. Once your strength has stopped going up we add more calories. The fourth part the part i have not given you yet is o keep you physique at your highest off season weight but to harden your physique some it is a perfect set up for a 12 week diet going into a show. Again when i write part 4 out for you it will keep you at the same weight but your composition will change give part 4 a month to work then go into your diet for your show.

I would guess part 1 will take 1 month with the cardiovascular exercise your doing, and parts 2 and 3 will take 2 months each but really it all depends on your consistency and how well you know how to train for your body to make it grow and respond to the things your doing with it.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really appreciate your help man, today was very f'd up day and my diet was crap, but im trying to stick to it, I'll keep you updated.

Thanks bud.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll just give you some random little tips which may help. Obviously a proper diet/cardio routine will bring 90% of your results, this could help a bit...

-Take a shot of apple cider vinegar with carb meals.
-drink plenty of white tea, especially 30 mins before a workout/cardio.
- brush your teeth when you get hungry.
- spontaneous physical activity can be your best friend on a diet. Ie, skip rope for 2 minutes, 3x a day in addition to what you're doing in the gym, it will help a lot.
- sesamin/ALCAR would be helpful
- VPX meltdown is a good supplement with a lot of appetite suppressants.

Of all of those, the one which will make the biggest different is the jumping rope. (an excellent thing to do during a diet, it burns cals, keeps metabolism elevated, and it isn't taxing).

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll just give you some random little tips which may help. Obviously a proper diet/cardio routine will bring 90% of your results, this could help a bit...

- spontaneous physical activity can be your best friend on a diet. Ie, skip rope for 2 minutes, 3x a day in addition to what you're doing in the gym, it will help a lot.

Of all of those, the one which will make the biggest different is the jumping rope. (an excellent thing to do during a diet, it burns cals, keeps metabolism elevated, and it isn't taxing).
Don't forget the green tea extract supplementation and caffeine stack.

Some studies have shown green tea in the form of supplementation was more effective than green tea.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't forget the green tea extract supplementation and caffeine stack.

Some studies have shown green tea in the form of supplementation was more effective than green tea.

Caffeine is in the Meltdown. GTE is good stuff as well of course, I personally just find it much more convenient to buy a big box of white tea, boil the kettle, and drink it. (the whole waiting for the tea to cool, and sipping on it would alleviate hunger as well).

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Could you explain the Apple cider vinegar with the carbohydrate meals please, I am curious to see what study you read about I would like to read/you summarize/learn from it. What ever is easiest for you.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Caffeine is in the Meltdown. GTE is good stuff as well of course, I personally just find it much more convenient to buy a big box of white tea, boil the kettle, and drink it. (the whole waiting for the tea to cool, and sipping on it would alleviate hunger as well).
True. Better watch how much Meltdown you take Slave.

:keke:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I havent read this last posts, thanks guys.

S

sandygothes

Here Some Advice of Weight Loos Plans..

* Fat loss plan that cuts out refined sugar.
* Carb-cycling weight-loss plan
* Beach body fat-loss meal plan
* Vegetarian fat-loss plan