The 10 sets of 10 Reps program is a high-volume muscle building training program for gaining significant weight in a short time. Famous body builders such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vince Gironda have effectively used this workout program with great results.
The program utilizes methods to fatigue muscle fibers in a systematic way to increase muscle mass. It begins by selecting a muscle building exercise with weights that one can carry 15 times. However, it is necessary to stop the set after performing 10 reps. The period of rest between two sets should be confined to one minute or less, as the muscles start fatiguing after that time.
The primary aim of this muscle building program is to develop the strength necessary to perform all 10 sets with 10 reps. If the weight is too much to handle, it is advisable to switch over to lower weights and then perform all 10 reps. Once 10 reps of all 10 sets are complete in good form, move to higher weights.
Muscle Building Routine for 10 sets of 10 reps Workout:
PART I: LEG EXCERCISES
- 10 sets of 10 squats without any rest
- 10 sets of 10 leg curls with one minute rest between sets
- 3 sets of 10 leg extensions without any rest
- 10 sets of 10 calf raises with one minute rest
PART II: CHEST EXCERCISES
- Bench Press (inclined), 10 sets of 10 reps without any rest
- Wide grip pull-up to front, 10 sets of 10 reps with one minute rest
- Flat Bench Flyes, 3 sets of 10-12 reps without any rest
- Low Pulley Rows, 3 sets of 10-12 reps with I minute rest
- Leg Raise & Crunch Combination, 10 sets of 10 reps with 1 minute rest
PART III: SHOULDER EXCERCISES
- Upright rows, 10 sets of 10 reps with one minute rest
- Bent over lateral raises, 3 sets of 10-12 reps with one minute rest
- Incline curls, 10 sets of 10 reps without any rest
- Triceps Dips, 10 set of 10 reps with one minute rest
The frequency of workout for 10 sets of 10 Reps muscle building program will be different for different body types. For example, ectomorphs who have skinny body and fast metabolism can perform part I, II and III on three alternate days during the week without considering weekends. Mesomorphs, who have a naturally muscular body, must try this program during the week as well as on weekends. Endomorphs that have a slow rate of metabolism can perform these exercises on all six days of the week. You should increase weights only when you have completed all three parts six times in a row.
The 10 sets of 10 Reps muscle building program will only work when the body gets adequate rest. As muscles develop while the body rests, getting 7 – 8 hours of sleep is essential. Moreover, one must also take care that other aspects such as nutrition and supplement are also in order.
Similar Bodybuilding Threads: