• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is it only in my mind or are the Olympia coverages "dead" right now?

M

modelar2

I would ask You guys one question: Do you think that there are less coverages for Olympia contest than last years? I think, now, this year, for me it isn´t so interesting, so where is the problem? Is it the effect of financial crisis? Who knows maybe. I want Your opinions guys.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not sure what your actually driving at with your question.

Are you saying that the pre-contest, the general hype is less this year? Or are you saying that we aren't hearing about all of the competitors? Or are you saying that the event itself is not the "big" TV event it once was?

M

modelar2

I think that event about all competitors isn´t as big as it was last year when we had a lot video series from muscletech and the battle between Jackson Cutler.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I think there is a bit more hype going into the show just based around the amount of competitors actually in the running to win!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MuscleTech doesn't sponsor half the athletes in the running this year. That could be part of it.

But I think you'll see from the threads in this section and similar boards that there is a lot of discussion about this year's Olympia.

Just check out the discussions about the debates about the top 5 that spring up in every posting of off-season photos and updates.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I kind of know what you mean. Not a whole lot of pictures or videos this year. That being said, I think there is an exciting line up brewing up and there really is no clear cut winner or even 2 or 3 that could. There are a few guys that are all hungry for the title and that makes is a bit more exciting for me.

M

modelar2

ok guys thanks for your opinions and sorry for my english i want to improve it so i am typing here some posts.
I don t think that the whole campaign or event about olympia is bad or boring, no, i think that only during the last week i didn´t get as many information as i wanted about competitors. So, it´s only my opinion. Thank you for understanding very much guys

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Compared to last year, there is much more hype going into the show this year, but i miss those vids, "Road to the Olympia" with Bob Cicherillo though.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Compared to last year, there is much more hype going into the show this year, but i miss those vids, "Road to the Olympia" with Bob Cicherillo though.

yeah definately should of had some more video blogs leading into the o. :borat:

M

modelar2

ok guys, i have checked flexonline today and i am so happy that they already started running blogs about their athletes,

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wheres the link..is there a dedicated thread to this years Olympia with media on musclemecca?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
who cares, we already know that Melvin Anthony is gonna win....

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coverage is pretty quiet now, but it should pick up a bit... i think the last time there was this much doubt about who would win before the show was the 03 Olympia (Ronnie won in 02 looking less than his best, then lost to Gunther at the GNC, plus Jay was coming back to the O after taking a year off... turned out to be the biggest blowout ever, but leading in was pretty sweet).

You can make a case for SO many guys this year, who all have a shot at winning. With the exception of Toney Freeman, and probably Dennis Wolf, a legit case could be made for every athlete in this banner having a chance to win.

2nvh6rs-1.jpg

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie is not competing = some of the hype is gone.