• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter Jackson - Dominant Olympia Champion?

RealDeal2099

RealDeal2099

Back in 2006, Jay scored four consecutive victories over Ronnie starting with the Olympia and continuing with three European Grand Prix events - Austria, Holland, and Romania. In many ways, this helped solidify his place as the new Mr. O. Dexter competed in the Romania in 2008, but his closest competition was Ronnie Rockel in second.

Do you guys think Dexter has proven himself a dominant Mr. O with his win last year? Many predictions show him losing the contest in '09. Would it have made a difference if he competed against Jay, Phil, and Dennis Wolf three more times after the O and beat them convincingly? Or would he have lost like he did to Cormier in San Francisco after the '05 Arnold?

I'm curious whether you think this would have made a difference in the way Dex is being looked at as the reigning champ going into 2009.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter will not be a dominant Mr. O imo, he's more of a one time champ !!!

Phil heath will win this year !!! and he will dominate the Olympia for a couple of years :thumbsup2:

H

hook3

I think if he had competed against them yeah for sure it wouldve given him a more dominant perspective coming into this years Olympia. The fact of the matter is though younger guys like Phil are bringing a package now that these older huys like Dex and Jay cant bring anymore or maybe never could. Phil is a freak, Wolf is huge, Kai's getting better and you have up and comers that will probably make a dent in the near future such as Rollie Winklaar and Brandon Curry

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back in 2006, Jay scored four consecutive victories over Ronnie starting with the Olympia and continuing with three European Grand Prix events - Austria, Holland, and Romania. In many ways, this helped solidify his place as the new Mr. O. Dexter competed in the Romania in 2008, but his closest competition was Ronnie Rockel in second.

Do you guys think Dexter has proven himself a dominant Mr. O with his win last year? Many predictions show him losing the contest in '09. Would it have made a difference if he competed against Jay, Phil, and Dennis Wolf three more times after the O and beat them convincingly? Or would he have lost like he did to Cormier in San Francisco after the '05 Arnold?

I'm curious whether you think this would have made a difference in the way Dex is being looked at as the reigning champ going into 2009.
Dominant? Hell no. Phil Heath was better than him at prejudging and especially the night show. Jay Cutler would of won if he brought better conditioning.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think Dex would be a 2 times Mr O champ. He might deserve it but, but I think that's not going to happen.

B

Batmanx007

First, let me say, I like Dexter a lot. But this is not about who you like, or dislike, it's about who brings the best package on competition day(supposedly). It's kind of a given that whoever Mr. Olympia is, when he competes in the European shows immediately after the O, he will win. I personally don't think Dexter will ever be a "dominant" Mr. Olympia because, his physique can only make subtle changes(not that that's a bad thing), but Mr. Olympia has to "bring the pain". If you think back to previous Mr. Olympias, their physiques were far from obtainable for most people walking the planet. Jay in condition looks like no one else. The year Ronnie won his 1st title, when he walked onto the stage, the entire crowd gasped. Why, they had never seen anything like him before. The year Dorian won his 1st title, during his posing routine when he hit that 1st rear lat spread, the same gasp fell through the audience. When Lee Haney hit the stage, it was Lee, and all them others. I could go on, but my point is, the men who were most dominant in this sport, brought something totally different, and incredible into this competition. The 2008 Mr. Olympia was fairly close-contested. I think that if Dexter is to repeat as Mr. Olympia, he can't do it with the same package he brought last year. I personally think Dexter was the 2nd best athlete that nite, and Jay was third.