• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Firefly

Q

quorom

Hey, does anybody here watch Firefly? I know it got cancelled forever ago (by Fox, damnit! :bball:) but I got it on dvd (Serenity too) and then on bluray when it came out. I think it's an awesome show and there's so much subtle imagery in the show, you know Joss Whedon spent years crafting it to perfection. Anywho, just curious if there are any Browncoats out there. And if you are, shed the light of civilzation on the non-believers.:thumbsup2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Firefly ruled. Period.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm most annoyed at why it got cancelled. They were one of the few non-reality TV shows at the time and were thus more expensive to make. That coupled with the erratic programming such that they never had a proper audience (killed their ratings) and you have one cancelled TV show.

In fairness though the movie should have done better than it did. If it had been marketed differently so that it wasn't put in the minority markets, but instead in the action movie class then it would have fared better.

I always take solace in the idea of someone wanting to make a TV show of the movie of the TV show at some stage in the future. In the meantime I guess I'll just enjoy Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog.

Q

quorom

I have a PHD in Horribleness. Yeah Dr. Horrible is really cool too. I think another big factor in why Serenity failed in theaters is that people were only interested in seeing one sci-fi movie that year, the final Star Wars. Fox screwed up the tv series and universal dropped the ball in the marketing for the movie. I've converted most everyone I know to a browncoat, or at least tried, so much that I'm probably considered annoying.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ My sister did the same to me (gave me the box set to watch). I thank her for doing it.

Think of it as they will be thanking you some day.