• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

cardio giving me diahrea

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the last several times i've done cardio, about 5 mins in i get a very strong urge to diahrea. and its no false alarm, believe me. i'll spare you the details. my diet is as clean as its always been, so i'm stumped. i really need to get to the bottom of this problem because im going to boot camp in a couple months and cant be diahrea-ing on myself after the first set of wind sprints, or half a mile into a 3 mile run. help.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Diarrhea is usually caused by your body trying to get rid of something that is in your digestive system that is not suppose to be their.

1. What exactly do you eat all day and what are you drinking around the tie you do cardiovascular exercise?

2. Are you taking any caffeine or pre-workout energizers because they all have stimulants in them some of which act as diuretics.

3. Are you taking creatine?

4. What are you eating/ drinking all day, and what are you taking before you train?

5. Also some oils in health foods can cause gastrointestinal problems.

Also artificial sweeteners can give you problems of this nature as well. Basically what happens is that the molecules responsible for the sweetened flavor are so large they can not fully be hydrolyzed ( broken down). So diarrhea can result because your body is trying to rid itself of these large molecules that serve no purpose in your physiology.

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oatmeal, chicken, turkey, bananas apples grapefruit, carrots, broccoli, natural peanut butter, grilled cheese sandwhiches with low fat mozzerella, scrambled eggs, red kidney beans, almonds, total cereal (very healthy, no sugar added) and i drink a lot of water, except for maybe a glass of OJ per day (and the skim milk in my cereal of course)

no creatine or caffiene in my diet

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe your just have a stomach virus?

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^i show no symptoms of it, the diahhrea is only onset by aerobic excersize

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmmm.. there must be something causing this.. are you regular the rest of the time? does this only occur after cardio? if so, how long does it last for? check the expiry date on your supplements maybe? there has to be something that's not right..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By diarrea do you mean you having several instances or just the once?

If it is just once then that is different and probably something like constipation. If it is several then you are dealing with bugs and the like.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well here is what i can say for sure, a large majority of the foods your eating would cause your bowel to move easier. The fact that it is diarrhea, is whats bugging me. Not to be gross but are we talking actual diarrhea as in an all liquid stool for the most part or are you calling it diarrhea because the bowel moves fast and has a quick onset as far as urge is concerned because they are two different things.

Have you been on any anti-biotic lately or within the last 3 months? This would include any medicine your doctor gave you for an infection. Or if you take medicine for acne that is an oral medication.

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its not ALL liquid but its about 60% liquid probably and definatly smells like diahhrea. i dont take any suppliments or medications and i havent for a very long time. i have normal shits every other time, i just get a very strong, sudden urge about 5 minutes into my cardio sessions. i finish the run, feeling very sick by the end of it, and go relieve myself once and then i'm fine.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when do you train, on an empty stomach or after you have breakfast or what?

Stop having milk for breakfast and replace cereal with oatmeal water and peanutbutter mixed together and lets see if your diarrhea is being caused by some sort of lactose intolerance/sensitivity.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i only have cereal AFTER training. i ususally train after 2-3 meals, oatmeal+ something else is always one of them.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Write out your diet exactly as you eat it from day to day, we are guessing at something with out knowing exactly what and when you are putting nutrition into your body it is silly. Also you might try a pro-biotic to help with your digestion. Besides that i have mentioned the most common things that would cause this discomfort. You might go see an MD or someone who can specifically test you for food allergies.

God Bless
Ben

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the last few times i've ran, i havent gotten diahhrea. i dont know what it was, but i think it passed. thanks for your willingness to help.