• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Does creatine expire?

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Particularly CEE, i have a bottle of Creatine Ethyl Ester from last year and it looks like its going to last another year or two. I cant find any expiration date on it and i just wanna know if it expires.

ester.jpg

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are fine to take it. The potency just decreases with time.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you 100% sure about that? (I have 2lb for 3 years, I think it is still closed).

I am sure that this is the case. I am not sure to what degree but this is why expiration dates are on nutritional products.

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the response. CEE is pretty hard on the taste buds anyways so im going to go look for some micronized creatine mono

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the response. CEE is pretty hard on the taste buds anyways so im going to go look for some micronized creatine mono

I think thats your best bet. Scientifically, that is the only creatine with real merit.

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well went to this new store yesterday to pickup some whey protein and the creatine. The sales clerk tried for 10 minutes to convince me to get a create mix with sugar and separate glutamine and BCAA supps.

I walked out with my optimum 100% whey protien and Metrex creatine mono. about $53 bucks.
51vjmr05BJL._Nutritionsandfitnes_.jpg

Met_CreatinePw_big.jpg

Now ive read contless articles on these questions but basically the clerk tried to convince me that the whey protien didnt have enought glutamine and BCAA and i needed more....and also that if i'm mixing my creatine with the whey then that will be wasting it because i need more sugar in there like 50G+ for it to be effective(i don't wanna gain any body fat).

So my good friends at muscle mecca do you think she was right in trying to sell me those extra supps about $70 dollars i didnt want to spend, or was it all a pile of bull.

G

greater10

I dont think Creatine Expires because its an enclosed powder and just like any other powder as long as its kept at least at room temperature nothing will happen to it.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive brought CEE by higher power few years ago and i only used half of it because i didnt notice anything from it, but might try Mono,

but back to my 1st half of my post, is that over time its turning rock hard to the point its useless now and ready for the bin

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Well went to this new store yesterday to pickup some whey protein and the creatine. The sales clerk tried for 10 minutes to convince me to get a create mix with sugar and separate glutamine and BCAA supps.

I walked out with my optimum 100% whey protien and Metrex creatine mono. about $53 bucks.

Now ive read contless articles on these questions but basically the clerk tried to convince me that the whey protien didnt have enought glutamine and BCAA and i needed more....and also that if i'm mixing my creatine with the whey then that will be wasting it because i need more sugar in there like 50G+ for it to be effective(i don't wanna gain any body fat).

So my good friends at muscle mecca do you think she was right in trying to sell me those extra supps about $70 dollars i didnt want to spend, or was it all a pile of bull.

you are better off with a serperate glutamine and BCAA since the no protein has as much as u need, u need a minimum of 5 grams of glutamine per serving, 2 servings a day for its full benefit. and ive heard that Amino Acids should be taking on an empty stomach for best results. I was doing some research yesterday on creatine and apparently the reason why u need so much sugar when taking creatine is because sugar will help spike insulin secretion and when ure body has more insulin, the creatine will absorb to the muscles faster, and more efficiently whily holding on to most of it.... I did not know that until yesterday but i saw a few articles that stated that. now when my creating comes in the mail i will defnitely be doing that so i can get some better absorbtion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So your saying that getting my glutamine and bcaa's separate is more beneficial and will yield more results? where do you read your articles from? im interested on new sources.