• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5-HTP

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Hi, I'm having a great deal of trouble sleeping lately I don't know why but things are just keeping me awak, my heart rate seems to be more prominent these days and i can litterally feel my neck bonce off the bed each beat??? So I bought this today at my supplement store. Has anyone tried this and what were the results? Ive heard it's supposed to be better than melatonin because it doesn't leave you with the grogyness the next morning which I hate. Thanks in advance.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^What the hell is gaba?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
5-HTP didn't do anything for me.

I stick with melatonin and valerian root.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^ I'll throw a couple of tabs down tonight and see how it goes. If it doesn't work I might buy some melatonin. And also I might research on that root you mentioned.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Masturbation not cutting it?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
And also I might research on that root you mentioned.
It's about $5 I think.

this is the kind I have.....

2ql5zy8-1.jpg

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Melatonin is a prescription drug in Finland :no:

I hate this country! No prohormones etc. etc.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
It's about $5 I think.

this is the kind I have.....

2ql5zy8-1.jpg

Yeh just checked it out then, its £2.74 for 100 tabs at my local store. Thanks tech.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always would get that pounding in the off-season and it would keep me up at night along with an elevated heart rate. You can band aid the problem with some supplementation but my recommendation would be to find the source. Since cleaning up my diet and introducing regular cardio, my heart no longer beats with such prominence and my resting heart rate is down 15 beats. You may want to look into a little cardio, even moderate intensity or short sessions of hiit 3 days a week can help. Your signs are also classic ones of over training. May be time for a de-load, cardio, and a second look at nutrition. Either way, hope you get some sleep.

R

ruhlXXXL

^What the hell is gaba?

:borat:

It's very cheap also
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/gabapurepowder.html
6 Oz $10.49
And you take 1-5gram before sleep its dirty cheap try it !!!

Some general info from this page but read the stydies above it have alot of benefits
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gaba.html
Other studies have suggest that GABA increases the body's sleeping cycle and patients reported much more vivid dreams.* Getting a good night's sleep and obtaining more rest can lead to more energy throughout the day. Not to mention, increasing fat loss and promoting muscle growth also leads to an increase in energy. More energy feelings of vigor are common side effects of supplementing with GABA!*
From personal experience**
Don't know about the fat loss thing but the sleep is great you don't wake up in your sleep and for the first weeks normaly i slept 8hours but with gaba 6hours of sleep was enough and it was more restful sleep.And the vivid dreams is true also lol

Yeh just checked it out then, its £2.74 for 100 tabs at my local store. Thanks tech.
Also tried valerian root don't do that much for sleep support, not in the same leage as gaba:borat:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
agree with creator here. supplements may not be the cure. increased heart rate is a classic sign of u being in an overtrained state, which with all ur failure training is highly likely. id definetely do a de load period. and ye cardio is great to do in the offseason as well. i try to do cardio twice a week now, and it really makes u feel better on a daily basis.

hope ur situation gets better mate:2:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
I always would get that pounding in the off-season and it would keep me up at night along with an elevated heart rate. You can band aid the problem with some supplementation but my recommendation would be to find the source. Since cleaning up my diet and introducing regular cardio, my heart no longer beats with such prominence and my resting heart rate is down 15 beats. You may want to look into a little cardio, even moderate intensity or short sessions of hiit 3 days a week can help. Your signs are also classic ones of over training. May be time for a de-load, cardio, and a second look at nutrition. Either way, hope you get some sleep.

Laying in bed last night I was thinking exactly that I could be overtrained. I think this is because I did take a week or two off last week and this week I really hammered it and I noticed aftee the gym on Wednesday that my pulse sky rocketed and felt as if my pulse was popping out from my neck, it never stopped so that's whats been keeping me up. I'm going to take tonight off from the gym, as my pulse is still banging like I dont no what.

As for cardio, I'm going to start on Monday. Do you think I could do hiit after my weight training 3 days a week or is it better to do it at a completley different time? When I do go back to the gym come Monday, i'm going to train VERY light, maybe 50% of what I'd normally use.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
agree with creator here. supplements may not be the cure. increased heart rate is a classic sign of u being in an overtrained state, which with all ur failure training is highly likely. id definetely do a de load period. and ye cardio is great to do in the offseason as well. i try to do cardio twice a week now, and it really makes u feel better on a daily basis.

hope ur situation gets better mate:2:

Yep as mentioned above, I trained pretty hard the sessions this week, esp on Wednesday and I think thats the reason. And yeh, I tried taking 2 50mg 5-HTP tabs and it didn't do jack to get me to go to sleep or relax me at least, at least they were cheap. Thanks mate.