• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

High Fat/Protien low carb HELP!

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read this article on BB.com today about the best nutrition for muscle gain and low or no fat gain.

anabolic_nutrition_diet_plan-1.jpg

Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anabolic_nutrition_diet_plan.htm

Basically his diet is 40/40/10 protein,fat,carbs. And he talks about carb cycling to 5 days low carbs of around 25-40g and one day of carb loading which will make you more anabolic and boost GH.

Can anyone vouche to this type of diet for someone trying to gain mass without the fat? or is this basically a keto diet?

Here is what his meal plan looks like..an yes he has butter in there lol

Typical Menu For Your Low-Carb Days
dot

This is how I eat on a typical Sunday to 6:00 PM on a Friday:

6:30 AM:
o 3-5 scrambled eggs
o Decaf coffee
o Splenda

10:00 AM:
o Low-carb tortilla
o Chicken
o Cheese
o Mayo
o Protein bar

1:00 PM:
o Low-carb tortilla
o Tuna
o Cheese
o Protein bar

4:30 PM:
o Vegetables
o Steak or pork
o Butter
o Ranch dressing

7:00 PM:
o 40 grams of whey protein isolate
o 5 grams of creatine monohydrate
o 5 grams of glutamine

9:00 PM:
o Nuts
o Ice cream
o Splenda
o Protein bar

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never been a fan of this type of diet or any keto diet. If your not going to do it getting ready for a bodybuilding competition, I think it is a bad idea. Just my two cents.

Monitor your calories and eat balanced. There is NO secret diet out there.

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never been a fan of this type of diet or any keto diet. If your not going to do it getting ready for a bodybuilding competition, I think it is a bad idea. Just my two cents.

Monitor your calories and eat balanced. There is NO secret diet out there.

Im trying to gain some mass now im 170 i want to get to 180 by the end of the year but im trying to get there clean and lower body fat or keep it low right now im around 11%.

My diet currently looks something like this 40/40/10 Protein,Carbs, Fat. I do about 5 days a week morning cardio for 45 minutes and hit the gym 5 days a week on a 7 day split. My calories are around 2300-2800 every day.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im trying to gain some mass now im 170 i want to get to 180 by the end of the year but im trying to get there clean and lower body fat or keep it low right now im around 11%.

My diet currently looks something like this 40/40/10 Protein,Carbs, Fat. I do about 5 days a week morning cardio for 45 minutes and hit the gym 5 days a week on a 7 day split. My calories are around 2300-2800 every day.

10% fat is way too low and I am pretty comfortable saying that your calories are at least 500 lower than they should be. You are having too much protein per percentage of total calories. I would do something like 50 carbs, 30 protein and 20 fat. Keep doing some cardio at a low intensity and maybe lower it to 30 minutes and try for 3-4 times a week. If you are looking to lower body fat and increase muscle (either with any significance) you are attempting an oxy moron. You must chose one and just try to control the other. Hope that helps.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also that is a very inefficient way to supply your body with glucose/energy which your body is going to get first. He is talking about the low carbohydrate diets like they are healthy. This seems like a waste of calories. Humans run on glucose and oxygen to best supply our organism with energy, i do not agree with limiting carbohydrates during a bulk and that is part of the reason. Also i do not see how a lifter could consistently lift heavy on such little glycogen stores.

To get big and strong I would disagree with this diet as a best choice, but it is a choice. At the same time you should not just over eat carbohydrates like crazy when trying to gain either. Also carbohydrate cycling and peaking his hormone out put for one day does not seem like an efficient way to grow why not peak everyday at the appropriate time. Glycogen super compensation takes 3 days to peak as well so a two day carbohydrate load is also cutting it short.

It was a very interesting POV and a really probably better used for people who diet at the end of their diet rather than for someone on a bulk.

He brought a valid point up about the hormones but why not eat the calories and lift heavier weights to grow bigger muscles. I cant see an athlete on this diet being consistently stronger than an athlete who ate carbohydrates, fats and protein, vegetables regularly and limited none of them to the degree that carbohydrates are being limited in this diet. Show me an athlete who as used this diet in their off season and one who has not and i bet the athlete who did not limit carbohydrates to the extreme and used them appropriately in their off season is bigger and stronger. Then put both athletes on a cut i bet again that the athlete who had the carbohydrates in the off season was able to put on more muscle in the off season and will be bigger when they are both ripped up at the same body fat because the carbohydrate eating athlete had higher glycogen stores allowing for consistently heavier lifting.

With all that said I did enjoy the read thank you for posting it.

God Bless
Ben

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also that is a very inefficient way to supply your body with glucose/energy which your body is going to get first. He is talking about the low carbohydrate diets like they are healthy. This seems like a waste of calories. Humans run on glucose and oxygen to best supply our organism with energy, i do not agree with limiting carbohydrates during a bulk and that is part of the reason. Also i do not see how a lifter could consistently lift heavy on such little glycogen stores.

To get big and strong I would disagree with this diet as a best choice, but it is a choice. At the same time you should not just over eat carbohydrates like crazy when trying to gain either. Also carbohydrate cycling and peaking his hormone out put for one day does not seem like an efficient way to grow why not peak everyday at the appropriate time. Glycogen super compensation takes 3 days to peak as well so a two day carbohydrate load is also cutting it short.

It was a very interesting POV and a really probably better used for people who diet at the end of their diet rather than for someone on a bulk.

He brought a valid point up about the hormones but why not eat the calories and lift heavier weights to grow bigger muscles. I cant see an athlete on this diet being consistently stronger than an athlete who ate carbohydrates, fats and protein, vegetables regularly and limited none of them to the degree that carbohydrates are being limited in this diet. Show me an athlete who as used this diet in their off season and one who has not and i bet the athlete who did not limit carbohydrates to the extreme and used them appropriately in their off season is bigger and stronger. Then put both athletes on a cut i bet again that the athlete who had the carbohydrates in the off season was able to put on more muscle in the off season and will be bigger when they are both ripped up at the same body fat because the carbohydrate eating athlete had higher glycogen stores allowing for consistently heavier lifting.

With all that said I did enjoy the read thank you for posting it.

God Bless
Ben
:2:

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what are you getting your good fats from mayo and cheese?
Im sorry that diet does not seem the greatest Idea...

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
10% fat is way too low and I am pretty comfortable saying that your calories are at least 500 lower than they should be. You are having too much protein per percentage of total calories. I would do something like 50 carbs, 30 protein and 20 fat. Keep doing some cardio at a low intensity and maybe lower it to 30 minutes and try for 3-4 times a week. If you are looking to lower body fat and increase muscle (either with any significance) you are attempting an oxy moron. You must chose one and just try to control the other. Hope that helps.

So your saying i should basically increase my Carbs? im on a creatine cycle now so im guessing this is the best time to do this. My question is should i also increase my protein as well?? Also when i do cardio its basically fast paced walking as i am not trying o loose lean muscle but i am starting to get cut (see my abs) so i doing cardio only 3-4 times a week sounds good.

Thanks for the help.