• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

AFL

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
pretty cool ad, shame about the sport tho.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That was the advert leading into this year's competition. They did a great job.

On a different note; Ben Cousins got knocked the fuck out last night. There goes his boxing career.

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AFL working to resume play in 2010
Courtesy: Arena Football League
Release: 04/23/2009

Courtesy: Arena Football League

NEW YORK – The Arena Football League (AFL) today announced that it has finalized a revitalized business model that will enable the league to return to competition in time for the 2010 season. Columbus Destroyers co-owner and Chairman of the AFL Executive Committee Jim Renacci is spearheading the restructuring process, which should be completed in the next 30 days.

“We are working diligently to ensure the future viability of the AFL, so the league can return to play next season,” said Renacci. “A plan was finalized last week that allows for the resumption of play in 2010, and we will be sharing the details of that plan with owners over the next two weeks.”

As has been previously reported, the first part of the process to return the AFL to viability is working with the AFL Players Association and their advisors to amend the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Led by the AFL’s former acting commissioner, Ed Policy, along with members of the AFL owners’ Policy and Negotiating Committee (which includes Renacci and Shy Anderson of the Dallas Desperados), those efforts produced a Term Sheet that was agreed to and signed by both parties in March 2009.

“The group that developed the new viability plan is set to meet with owners across the league to review it and the amendments to the CBA,” said Renacci. “We hope to see everything ratified in the next 30 days.”

Leading owners are lining up behind the revitalized business plan, and hope to return to play during the 2010 season.
“The owners of the AFL realize we have the most fan-friendly, affordable and accessible sport anywhere,” said Craig Spencer, co-owner of the ArenaBowl champion Philadelphia Soul. “The process of revamping our business model will ensure that the AFL continues to provide value to its fans, not only surviving in the years to come, but thriving. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I am excited that we are close to bringing this great game back to the fans.”

I actually really enjoy AFL... GO Crush!