• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My New Gift!

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well guys... I finally did it. I caved in. I bought an XBox 360! :cool:

I was at Toys 'R' Us, looking at the game consoles. I was originally going to buy a Nintendo Wii because I heard it was less expensive, and I was open to the whole Wii-Remote thing, and I also heard that the Xbox 360 crashes, and forget the PS3 it's too expensive. But when I got there, the XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii were both at $279 (Canadian). So I took a chance! Hey, you only live once. I didn't even hook this thing up to the television yet. I also know some of you also have an XBox 360 maybe we can play online and stuff (as soon as I figure out how to connect this whole thing).

So that's my gift! :350:

Who else here has one?

P

Pain

VIP
360 and PS3 are the same price. The 360 actually works out more than the PS3 in the long run.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
360 and PS3 are the same price. The 360 actually works out more than the PS3 in the long run.

dont forget the fact that its more likely to break down

and if you live in the US... after 4years you would given microsoft enough money for another Xbox

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well i own both of them now. i just bought me a PS3 friday.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont forget the fact that its more likely to break down

and if you live in the US... after 4years you would given microsoft enough money for another Xbox

I sure hope not! I heard to some people it happens, and to some it doesn't. So I'm just crossing my fingers. :bitenails:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could of bought the new ps3 slim if you waited a few days more.

i thought you read my other posts. i did get a PS3 slim. i think they had just hit my local Best Buy on friday.

P

Pain

VIP
i thought you read my other posts. i did get a PS3 slim. i think they had just hit my local Best Buy on friday.

OK, cool. I might trade in my fat for a slim.

P

Pain

VIP
I sure hope not! I heard to some people it happens, and to some it doesn't. So I'm just crossing my fingers. :bitenails:

Your 360 will die eventually, could be tomorrow, could be next week, could be sometime next year. It will RROD and theres nothing you can do about it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if it RROD, just ring up microsoft and get it repaired, who cares :)

P

Pain

VIP
if it RROD, just ring up microsoft and get it repaired, who cares :)

Because buying a product that you know is going to break is a pain in the ass? Even if it can be repaired for free, its still a hassle.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well they have a fan that you can buy for about $60 to put in back of the XBox 360, and that might save the red ring of death thing! And I think if ever I do send it to Microsoft for repairs, it'll be fixed indefinetely. There's also some modifications you can do to the system to fix it, but I don't know anything about that stuff.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Posted twice sorry. :doh:

P

Pain

VIP
Well they have a fan that you can buy for about $60 to put in back of the XBox 360, and that might save the red ring of death thing!

Those things are junk. There is nothing you can do to prevent the RROD. The 360 is a rushed product. MS rushed the system to gain market share.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those things are junk. There is nothing you can do to prevent the RROD. The 360 is a rushed product. MS rushed the system to gain market share.

You can prevent the RROD, at least I believe so because its a overheating problem. Its just providing better cooling and contact to the CPU and GPU. I did it to mine and haven't had problems finally. Once mine died, again, I finally got the courage to open mine up since my wife has the halo edition (hdmi) and I just have the regular white one. The heat sink design is garbage, well at least how they secure it is. Its just a x clamp and I replaced it with bolts so the mobo doesn't bow. Also, better thermal compound. I was going to put fast fans in it but decided against it. Its been running like a champ ever since. I guess only time will tell if I truly did fix it or if I just prolonged the RROD. From what I gather, this fixes it.

P

Pain

VIP
You can prevent the RROD, at least I believe so because its a overheating problem. Its just providing better cooling and contact to the CPU and GPU. I did it to mine and haven't had problems finally. Once mine died, again, I finally got the courage to open mine up since my wife has the halo edition (hdmi) and I just have the regular white one. The heat sink design is garbage, well at least how they secure it is. Its just a x clamp and I replaced it with bolts so the mobo doesn't bow. Also, better thermal compound. I was going to put fast fans in it but decided against it. Its been running like a champ ever since. I guess only time will tell if I truly did fix it or if I just prolonged the RROD. From what I gather, this fixes it.

Doing that voids the warrenty. If it does die, you're are on your own.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OK, cool. I might trade in my fat for a slim.

Yea I love the slim. I bought my brother the first one for his graduation and it was big and heavy and when I opened my slum I loved how much smaller and lighter it was and cause it is 120 gb for only $300.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Didn't they fix the xbox problem with new batches being sold? Ive had my 360 for about a year now and play on it alot and ive not had a problem whatsoever with it.

Johnny, when u get it set up tell us your gamertag and we'll hit it up online sometime.