• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

muscle tone

P

Pain

VIP
My gym hands out pre-exercise questionnaires to people looking to join. Just some health questions and what not. Nothing out of the ordinary when starting an exercise routine.

Then theres the...

"What are your goals"

They have the following boxes for you to tick. You can tick as many boxes as you like.

weight loss
fitness improvement
increase size
muscle tone
sports specific
good health
stamina

28l6tm1-1.jpg

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a personal trainer, I always use the words muscle tone and try to get ladies excited about it. You have to understand the words that are "hot buttons" for ladies. No matter how you cut it to a lady, she will never want to check the build muscle box.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Turk's girlfriend did her first figure show in March. Her conditioning was great, but she didn't have good enough shape to place well. Obviously she needed more muscle on her frame.

Dave can't use the word muscle around her, or she freaks out. So, Dave would say...Hey, let's go to the gym today so you can make "some improvements," rather than saying "build muscle" to her.

:bitelip:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a personal trainer, I always use the words muscle tone and try to get ladies excited about it. You have to understand the words that are "hot buttons" for ladies. No matter how you cut it to a lady, she will never want to check the build muscle box.

you took the words right out of my mouth

when ever someone uses the words "tone".. you can be sure the person doesnt have a fucking clue....

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Cork

Cork

My girlfriend works out and wants "muscle tone". I asked her if she even knew what "muscle tone" meant.

She told me to shutup. She hates the idea of putting on muscle as well.

It definitely is a hot button word though, because every woman wants it.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lets dissolve the misnomer of "tone" right now. The firming-up or toning is due to an increase in muscle tissue as well as a low enough bodyfat percentage to see the definition and shape of the muscles and get rid of the "jiggle".

Muscles do not go from soft to hard or hard to soft - they either shrink or grow in size. Muscles themselves do not "firm-up" or "tone".

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/goulet5.htm

:bullwhip:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Im an artist so to me Muscle Tone would be the color of muscle LOL but i know women can be such ignorant retards when it comes to fitness " i dont want to get too big and look like a bodybuilder " well bitch, that aint gonna happen, i doubt bodybuilders look the way they are by accident.... bodybuilders dont look to "tone" and then go to far and accidentally become huge and are like " oh well, i got too big, might aswell compete"

Y

yeahbuddy

It's funny, muscle tone is actually a technical term, but it isn't something you attain, everyone has it naturally. People just use it as a bullshit word that has no real meaning.

"In physiology, medicine, and anatomy, muscle tone (aka residual muscle tension or tonus) is the continuous and passive partial contraction of the muscles. It helps maintain posture, and it declines during REM sleep. It is not to be confused with the concept of toning in physical exercise."

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Toning exercises are physical exercises that aim to develop a physique with a large emphasis on musculature. There is no single exercise to "tone." The best way to tone is to utilize aerobic exercise to reduce body fat and perform weight resistance exercise to build muscle. Performing a combination of such exercises can be referred to as toning. In this respect, the term toned implies leanness in the body, low levels of body fat, and noticeable muscle definition and shape. The concept of muscle building may refer to the expected effects of such exercises."

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i think "weight loss" and "increase size" would cover it since it is what society conciders "tone", ignorance is so sad :(

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats stupid is most of those things come with each other..

that whole list can be shortened to

reduce fat
build more muscle and/or improve cardiovascular fitness
maintain weight

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
whats stupid is most of those things come with each other..

that whole list can be shortened to

reduce fat
build more muscle and/or improve cardiovascular fitness
maintain weight

thats still too long, it can be shortened to

bodybuild naturaly
bodybuild with steroids

LOL