• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

crealyze

• Thread starter youngmusclejock
  • Start date
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I recently got into a battle with Dave Palumbo's nut hugging fans over his new product " crealyze"

Below is the information that I found online in his patent. Personally I see nothing ground breaking in this reading that gives any evidence that his creatine is any different then any other liquid creatine. However, many of you are far more knowledgeable in this area as opposed to me. If you could give your input that would be great.

Thank you,

Carson

patent # 5973005

A stable aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate provides a source of creatine to an animal when taken orally. The aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate (after neutralization and buffering) has a pH of about 7.2 to about 7.8 and is stable for at least six months at room temperature. The creatine acid sulfate is produced by adding creatine monohydrate to a sulfuric acid solution in a stoichiometric amount to result in creatine acid sulfate having a pH initially of 2.0-3.0. The resulting creatine acid sulfate is diluted with water and neutralized to raise the pH and avoid the formation of creatinine. The resulting creatine acid sulfate solution preferably contains a buffering and neutralizing agent such as tribasic potassium phosphate which forms mono- and dibasic potassium phosphates by interaction with the hydrogen ions liberated from the acid sulfate. The aqueous solution can be combined with a sweetener, electrolyte and carbohydrate source to produce a stable drink for providing a source of creatine to an animal in need thereof. An effective amount of glycerol is preferably added to enhance absorption of the creatine through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream and eventually to the needy skeletal muscles.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Claims

What is claimed is:

1. A process of producing a creatine acid sulfate solution comprising the steps of

forming an aqueous solution of sulfuric acid; and

combining creatine monohydrate with said sulfuric acid solution to form a creatine acid sulfate reaction product having a pH of about 2-3, and thereafter immediately diluting and neutralizing said reaction product to avoid the formation of creatinine to form an aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate.

2. The process of claim 1, wherein said creatine monohydrate is added in a stoichiometric amount to said sulfuric acid solution to produce said creatine acid sulfate substantially in the absence of creatinine.

3. The process of claim 1, wherein said creatine monohydrate is combined with said sulfuric acid in an amount to provide a creatine monohydrate to sulfuric acid in a molar ratio of about 2.0:1.0.

4. The process of claim 2, wherein said resulting creatine acid sulfate in aqueous solution has a pH of less than about 7.8.

5. The process of claim 2, wherein said aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate has a pH of about 7.2 to about 7.8.

6. The process of claim 1, wherein said aqueous solution of sulfuric acid has a sulfuric acid concentration of about 31% to about 35% by weight.

7. The process of claim 1, further comprising the step of adding a buffering and neutralizing agent to said aqueous creatine acid sulfate solution.

8. The process of claim 7, wherein said buffering and neutralizing agent is tribasic potassium phosphate.

9. The process of claim 7, wherein said buffering and neutralizing agent is a tribasic potassium phosphate solution having a pH of about 12.0.

10. A stable creatine acid sulfate solution comprising an aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate and a buffering and neutralizing agent, wherein said solution has a pH of less than about 7.8.

11. The creatine acid sulfate solution of claim 10, wherein said buffering and neutralizing agent is tribasic potassium phosphate.

12. The creatine acid sulfate solution of claim 11, wherein said creatine acid sulfate solution has a pH of about 7.2 to about 7.8.

13. The creatine acid sulfate solution of claim 11, further comprising potassium hydroxide in an amount to adjust the pH of said solution to about 7.2 to about 7.8.

14. The creatine acid sulfate solution of claim 10, wherein said creatine acid sulfate is produced by the process of

forming an aqueous solution containing about 31% to about 35% by weight sulfuric acid, and

adding a creatine source to said solution in an amount with respect to said sulfuric acid to produce a substantially pure creatine acid sulfate at a pH of about 2-3, and immediately thereafter diluting and neutralizing said solution to inhibit the formation of creatinine and to form an aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate.

15. The creatine acid sulfate solution of claim 14, wherein said creatine source is creatine monohydrate.

16. The creatine acid sulfate solution of claim 12, wherein said creatine source is added to said sulfuric acid solution in an amount to provide a creatine to sulfuric acid in a molar ratio of about 2.0:1.0.

17. An aqueous composition for providing a source of creatine to an animal, said composition comprising

an aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate, and

a buffering and neutralizing agent, wherein said composition has a pH of less than about 7.8, is substantially free of creatinine, and is stable at room temperature for at least about 6 months.

18. The composition of claim 17, wherein said composition has a pH of about 7.2 to about 7.8.

19. The composition of claim 17, wherein said buffering and neutralizing agent comprises tribasic potassium phosphate.

20. The composition of claim 17, further comprising glycerol in an amount to provide an osmotic carrier for absorption of creatine through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream.

21. The composition of claim 17, further comprising a sweetener.

22. The composition of claim 21, wherein said sweetener is sorbitol.

23. The composition of claim 17, comprising the equivalent of about 1.37 to 2.06% creatine acid sulfate, 1.0 to about 2.0% tribasic potassium phosphate, 8.0 to 10.0% glycerol, 15% to 20% sorbitol, 0.1% sodium benzoate and the balance water, wherein said percentages are by weight.

24. The composition of claim 17, further comprising at least one compound selected from the group consisting of pyruvic acid, pyruvate salts, and mixtures thereof.

25. The composition of claim 17, further comprising at least one compound selected from the group consisting of glycine, arginine, methionine, and mixtures thereof.

26. A process for increasing the amount of creatine in the bloodstream of an animal, comprising the steps of

preparing creatine acid sulfate, diluting said creatine acid sulfate to form an aqueous solution, and adding buffering and neutralizing agents, wherein said solution contains about 1.37% to about 2.06% by weight creatine acid sulfate and has a pH of about 7.2 to about 7.8, and

administering said solution orally to an animal in an amount to supply a predetermined amount of creatine to said animal.

27. The process of claim 26, wherein said aqueous solution is substantially free of creatinine and is stable at room temperature for at least about 6 months.

28. The process of claim 26, wherein said buffering agent is tribasic potassium phosphate.

29. The process of claim 26, wherein said tribasic potassium phosphate is added in an effective amount to provide a source of phosphate loading.

30. The process of claim 26, wherein said creatine acid sulfate is prepared by forming an aqueous solution containing about 31% to about 35% by weight sulfuric acid and adding a creatine source in a stoichiometric amount to said solution having a pH of about 2-3, and immediately thereafter diluting with water and neutralizing the solution.

31. The process of claim 30, wherein said creatine source is creatine monohydrate.

32. The process of claim 26, wherein said aqueous solution further comprises at least one compound selected from the group consisting of pyruvic acid, pyruvate salts, and mixtures thereof.

33. The process of claim 26, wherein said aqueous solution further comprises at least one compound selected from the group consisting of glycine, arginine and methionine, and mixtures thereof.

34. The process of claim 26, wherein said aqueous solution further comprises about 8.0% to about 10.0% by weight glycerol.

35. A process of producing a creatine acid sulfate solution comprising the steps of

forming an aqueous solution of sulfuric acid; and

combining creatine monohydrate with said sulfuric acid solution in a molar ratio of about 2.0:1.0 to form a creatine acid sulfate reaction product having a pH of about 2-3, and thereafter immediately diluting and neutralizing said reaction product to avoid the formation of creatinine and to form an aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate having a pH of less than about 7.8.

36. The process of claim 35, wherein said aqueous solution of sulfuric acid has a sulfuric acid concentration of about 31% to about 35% by weight.

37. The process of claim 35, further comprising the step of adding a tribasic potassium phosphate buffering and neutralizing agent to said aqueous creatine acid sulfate solution.

38. The process of claim 10, wherein said composition is produced by the steps of

combining creatine monohydrate with an aqueous sulfuric acid solution in a creatine monohydrate to sulfuric acid molar ratio of about 2.0:1.0 to form a creatine acid sulfate reaction product having a pH of about 2-3, and thereafter immediately diluting and neutralizing said reaction product with tribasic potassium phosphate to avoid the formation of creatinine to form an aqueous solution of creatine acid sulfate.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it is actually stable and bioavailable that would be great. A biochem person would be able to tell you if it is feasible.

But I'm failing to see how this would be better than taking mono.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems legit, but i really dont know enough about the exact amounts of what he is using and the reactions taking place to really say.

He has the "ingredients" but not the amounts, its like two people being told to bake a cake with eggs, flour, sugar, milk, and cocoa. But one is a professional baker and the other is a grill cook at Mcdonalds. Its not the ingredients that make the cake it is the ratios of ingredients each cook puts into the cake that makes the differences in both cakes. All these things are not really checkable beyond "can you get the product hes suggesting out of the reactants he has given." Every thing iread and understood looks very legit.

Now if you really want to make a claim about "is this better/worse VS some other product" you need a significant amount of double blind placebo tested studies showing that yes in fact this is better or worse than some other product, not an analysis of the ingredients.

God Bless
Ben

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it is actually stable and bioavailable that would be great. A biochem person would be able to tell you if it is feasible.

But I'm failing to see how this would be better than taking mono.

That was my issue as well with this product. It seems to have a few additives but nothing too ground breaking. I'll see if I can find a biocem person at school on Tuesday.

Thank you to you and Ben,